Infam's first mock (5-11-22)

Infam

So there's obviously quite a few assumptions in here, but just to share some ideas in a case where Hurts and the players we got work out. We'd add someone for the secondary in free agency now and then so this keeps to be the strategy for there even though plenty of the fans don't like it. On the other side we keep replacing the old guard with quality draft picks on both lines.

1-DE-Myles Murphy, Clemson: So here we go, with our first pick we take the best available DE, which happens to be Myles Murphy. He's to take over for BG eventually.

1-RG-Paris Johnson Jr., Buckeyes: He plays LT now which lands him in the first round next year. He's just super mobile and athletic, big 6-6 dude. Even though for us he will 'only' be RG long term if everyone is healthy, the Eagles looked at the state of the OL and felt like of all the luxuries this is the best one to have. He has LT versatility, Dickerson can flex to center if need be and Mailata is able to play at both OT positions. It may not look like the right thing to do in terms of positional value, but to realise an OL that is monstrous sometimes you should invest an extra first into a perfect fit.

2-RB-Jahmyr Gibbs, Alabama: Could be a first, but I think it's only one RB taken there and he is the guy to take in the second. Super fast and athletic he can do what Sanders does at his best.

3-DT-Zacch Pickens, S. Carolina: Despite all the screaming for rookies in the secondary, the Eagles keep working free agency to add there. Leaving a very good DT to pick at the end of day two. He doesn't need to directly replace Cox, just add to the rotation with Davis, Hargrave and Williams. Lot's of athletic potential here too.

Depending on their respective seasons it's even possible Gibbs is the later first and Johnson the second round OL pick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not a huge fan of going dline and oline 1 and 2 again but can’t deny they are needs. With stoutland I do like taking later round guys for the oline. For the love of God get me a safety in the first. 

• Like 1

Eagles have QB, CB, DE, S concerns. I expect them to address 2 out of the 4 in the first rd next draft. Or a massive trade up to land their qb

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Love the quick start infam. 

DE will certainly be a high priority and if both Cox and Gargrave move on so will DT. BUT, I think they'll extend Hargrave and CB will move into the first round. 

I like a RB in the 2nd. 

Thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have run the simulator and have taken OL / DL as well as EDGE / CB.

I also wind up with Will Levis and either OL or DL or EDGE.

Why are we not addressing QB?

Are we big Hurts fans?

Is Carson Strong the answer?

Or is it that we're not sure about the need?

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 5:13 PM, CouchKing said:

I have run the simulator and have taken OL / DL as well as EDGE / CB.

I also wind up with Will Levis and either OL or DL or EDGE.

Why are we not addressing QB?

Are we big Hurts fans?

Is Carson Strong the answer?

Or is it that we're not sure about the need?

I think Hurts will get it done this year. If he doesn't I'll start to re-evaluate and do a different mock..

I actually like the philosophy to build strong lines, so there's that too.

I like reinforcing, upgrading the lines as well. 

Gotta protect our QB and get after theirs.

Don’t think our DL has been getting it done.

Need more talent.

17 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Let me know when we get one.  

I think we got a live one with Carson Strong. I also like Minshew more than Hurts.

But with Lurie's and Howie's commitment to the Hurts Experiment, the only way Minshew or Strong see the field is an injury.

We will find out in the next offseason what the Eagles position is.

Either they extend Hurts or not.

Either they draft a QB or stay with Strong as a backup.

Minshew is a free agent after this year.

We have to watch this drama unfold game by game.

I'm not rooting for an injury to Hurts, but he better stay healthy to keep the backups off the field.

If Hurts doesn't improve to where he can read a D and progress through receivers, the Eagles need to end the Hurts Experiment one way or another.