Offensive weapons review (No OLine just yet)

SlimReaper4Six

OFF-SEASON OVERVIEW

The eagles are finally getting their roster and the culture in order after the Super Bowl and then what transpired with Carson.  
  We no longer are in cap He’ll and being completely controlled by the huge dead money we had to pay in order to get any for of compensation. Howie has financially gotten us back in to a area to where we no longer can’t sign or extend a player or two if we decide. Howie has replenished talent again and has started a really strong young core group that’s now just starting to take over the older vets. The defense is in transition and the offense is almost complete 

OFFENSE
The Roster has been consistently focused on and the front office has found so many directions of finding ways to help strengthen our team. We added more draft capital for the next two years as well. Now Jalen Hirts has been given the green light to take over and control the team. He also in his first time ever had the same playbook , OC ,HC and play caller all in tact.              
           Speaking of Jalen it’s hard also not to point out the players that were added that he has either played with or begged the team to add his best friend. Call it coincidence but our new TE,WR,UDFA RB all played with Jalen and had great chemistry and are great friends. Grant played at Oklahoma as a TE with Jalen as a sooner, as was Brooks the RB who has 3, 1000+ yards and also had 7.0 yards a carry the last season. A.J Brown asked Jalen to be the god father of his child. They are extremely close. They throw and work out all the time already.  They have definitely helped Jalen. 

Now Hurts is the guy but don’t think for a second Minshew isn’t wanting to take that job. Jalen may be the unquestioned starter but if he plays poorly or if the Eagles don’t get off to a fast start that Minshew won’t come in and can’t light it up. Minshew reminds me of Ryan Fitzpatrick excellent leader,swag, intellectual awareness and problem solving. The only thing he doesn’t have is a cannon but how he plays it’s not needed. Both are gamers and both are winners just with different styles, however both aren’t elite at anything.  
RB Sanders Scott Gainwell Huntley (PS Brooks) Even though we don’t have elite backs we do have extremely productive backs that get the job done in a multiple of ways. Miles needs to start showing the talent he has can come full circle and be consistent playmaking. He most likely will be a free agent next season if he can’t convince the Eagles that he can be a productive and complete player. Durability, ball security, and receiver skills. Just to name a few that must overcome.

Gainwell was the most consistent goal line runner he had a quick burst through the whole and played tougher than his size suggests. Was extremely good as a back who can also line up and be a excellent pass option for Jalen. Scott can be the most consistent and most underrated player on the team. He is not the biggest or the fastest but he does everything at a high level and he demand at least 5-10 touches a game himself. Also his pass protection for his size is extremely impressive 

WR-  DeVonte was our bright hope that continues to make insane acrobatic catches that very few players in the world can make. He does block well for his size and he isn’t afraid of any challenge. Teams are no longer just going to be able to focus on Smith or Godert. A.J Brown brings so much strength and confidence to the passing game it gives us a perfect 1, 2 Punch. Quez is also a factor who is the fastest on the team.  He is insanely good at 50/50 balls and high contested catches. Pascal is a solid player who will give us a good rotation. Deon Cain to me should be the number 5. Injuries have limited him but now healthy I think he has more than enough talent to take number 5/6. . Raegor is going to play somewhere else. He isn’t worth another year. Greg Ward has a chance but I honestly don’t see the coaching staff to give him anymore reps than last season. They phased him out. Britain Covey is a explosive weapon in college. However I don’t see his talent translates to the NFL.

TE Godert has been a excellent YAC TE and now finally gets a full 17 games to be a full time starter.  I know Dallas can be a mismatch in the run and pass game. His strengths as a inline blocker are also what make him unique. He can line up anywhere and give you 15 yards a catch. That’s amazing for a WR let  alone a TE.  
Ty Jackson is a former QB and has been trying to transition to QB to TE for the last two seasons. He provides Greer size and athletic skills for a guy 6-6 255. Injured with a broken back and ACL tear he may never recover. 

J Stoll. Was a great pick up as a UDFA out of Wisconsin. Didn’t catch a lot of passes but all of his snaps he played a significant impact on running the ball as well as we did. He has a lot better hands than was used hopefully he gets more opportunities.

Grant calcaterra is a James Casey/ Trey Burton Hybrid that can run very good routes and has good speed down the seams and crossing the field. He could also line up as a H-Back/FB and do some option routes across from Jalen. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Godfather said:

I just took a giant poop

On who’s bed amber 

6 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

On who’s bed amber 

Olsilversack

12 hours ago, Godfather said:

I just took a giant poop

So grumpy..