Doug in Jacksonville

Vileborg

I flipped over to the Jaguars message boards for a sec and was just checking in to see how Doug is doing. He's a perfect fit for healing that franchise after Meyer. I watched an interview he did and you can tell he's got a lot of work to do to fix a ton of issues.

What really got me though was watching film of him on the field in Jacksonville attire. It was one thing while he was out of the league. It's totally different seeing him in a different teams gear on a different teams field. Hope him well except we when play them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vileborg said:

I flipped over to the Jaguars message boards for a sec and was just checking in to see how Doug is doing. He's a perfect fit for healing that franchise after Meyer. I watched an interview he did and you can tell he's got a lot of work to do to fix a ton of issues.

What really got me though was watching film of him on the field in Jacksonville attire. It was one thing while he was out of the league. It's totally different seeing him in a different teams gear on a different teams field. Hope him well except we when play them.

It wasn't so long ago he faced a similar situation in Philly.  Chip Kelly went on a power trip here and decimated the roster and culture of the team.  Dougie came in and quietly rebuilt the culture on the squad.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 4:14 PM, Procus said:

It wasn't so long ago he faced a similar situation in Philly.  Chip Kelly went on a power trip here and decimated the roster and culture of the team.  Dougie came in and quietly rebuilt the culture on the squad.

I wonder if he'll have more freedom of action in JAX than he had here with Jeffrey & Howie?  And if so, will be a good thing?

10 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

I wonder if he'll have more freedom of action in JAX than he had here with Jeffrey & Howie?  And if so, will be a good thing?

Judging from who the team selected with the first overall pick, doesn't seem like he's calling the shots.

35 minutes ago, Procus said:

Judging from who the team selected with the first overall pick, doesn't seem like he's calling the shots.

True. I don't know what kind of running game Jax has but if decent, it'll be interesting to see their run/pass ratio.