Marion Barber, former Dallas Cowboys running back, dead at 38

VaBeach_Eagle

Marion Barber, former Dallas Cowboys running back, dead at 38

Former Dallas Cowboys running back Marion Barber has died, according to a report. He was 38. 

Barber was found dead by Frisco police at his apartment in Texas on Wednesday. His cause of death was not immediately known. 

"Officers are currently out on a welfare concern, but we are unable to provide any further information at this time," a Frisco police spokesperson told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Barber, who was set to turn 39 next week, was a bruising running back for the Cowboys from 2005-2010. 

Running back Marion Barber #24 of the Dallas Cowboys runs the ball against the Philadelphia Eagles at Cowboys Stadium on January 3, 2010 in Arlington, Texas. 

Running back Marion Barber #24 of the Dallas Cowboys runs the ball against the Philadelphia Eagles at Cowboys Stadium on January 3, 2010 in Arlington, Texas.  (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

He made the Pro Bowl in 2007 and, along with quarterback Tony Romo, helped lead the team to playoffs three times. 

Known for his hard-hitting style of running, Barber rushed for 4,358 yards and scored 47 rushing touchdowns in six seasons with the Cowboys. 

He played his final season in the NFL with the Chicago Bears, where he rushed for 422 yards while averaging 3.7 yards per rushing attempt. 

He averaged 4.1 yards per rush in his NFL career. 

After his playing career ended, Barber would get into trouble with the law. 

Last month he pleaded no contest following his arrest in 2019 on two misdemeanor counts of criminal mischief. That stemmed from a 2018 incident in which he allegedly damaged two cars while jogging in Frisco. 

In 2014, Barber was detained by police and taken to a hospital for a mental health evaluation.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/marion-barber-former-dallas-cowboys-running-back-dead-38-report

• Like 1

CTE? Dude was a hard-nosed runner. I'll bet he took a lot of shots to the head.

11 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Yea rumor has it he shot himself in the head because of it. Sad news RIP

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

That was my first thought.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

He was real good. I once had a stupid take where I said I'd trade Westbrook for him. He still was a hard running player though.

way to damn young to pass away. I honestly never liked him when we played against them but also respected him as he was a great football player. RIP and condolences to his family/friends...

17 hours ago, Dutchman063 said:

Heat stroke? ...most likely vaxx related

I was thinking it was probably more heat related, but I admit I'm not a doctor.