What is your favorite regular season game in Eagles history?

Procus

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2022/6/28/23186300/favorite-eagles-regular-season-game-philadelphia-44-6-memory-bounty-bowl-pickle-juice-list-cowboys

What is your favorite regular season game in Eagles history?

Question of the Day.

By Brandon Lee Gowton  Jun 28, 2022

"What’s your favorite game in Eagles history?”

If I were to pose that question, well, I’m pretty sure how most would respond. The answer is obviously Super Bowl LII. Doesn’t exactly make for interesting discussion.

And so for today’s Eagles Question of the Day™ let’s eliminate the playoffs and narrow the focus to the regular season. You have 1,253 games to pick from. Which one is your favorite?

For me, several contenders come to mind.

• 44-6. If you don’t believe in destiny, well, this moment may have made you reconsider. The Eagles were very fortunate to be in a "win-and-in” position in the 2008 season finale. They took full advantage by destroying their top division rival in what was Brian Dawkins’ final game in Philly as an Eagles player.
  • The Miracle at the New Meadowlands. Or "The Miracle at the Meadowlands NUM-BER TWO!” as Mike Quick dubbed it on the call with Merrill Reese. I’ll never forget where I was for this one. I was attending a family Christmas party where no one really cared about the game except for me. Despite this, I was the one who wanted to turn it off while others didn’t mind if it stayed on. We did end up turning the game off but morbid curiosity had me wanting to listen to the 94WIP call on the drive home. With the Eagles unexpectedly rallying, I rushed to turn the game on when we got home. I was just in time to see DeSean Jackson’s walkoff punt return. I can’t even imagine being on the other side of that game; what a brutal loss as a Giants fan.
  • The Snow Bowl. There are multiple contenders from the 2013 season that could be considered here. Chip Kelly’s debut on Monday Night Football in Week 1 was pretty electric. Nick Foles throwing for seven touchdowns in Oakland was special. The Eagles having relatively nothing to play for yet blowing out the Chicago Bears by a score of 54-11 in Week 16 — which spawned Chip’s "We’re from Philadelphia and we fight” line — is an underrated moment. But it’s hard not to go with the incredibly unique atmosphere that was created by a stronger than expected blizzard at Lincoln Financial Field just minutes ahead of the Eagles’ game against the Detroit Lions. I distinctly remember not even being able to see the action on the field from the press box at one point. LeSean McCoy’s signature shifty style was optimized in the snow.
  • Multiple options from the 2017 season. If you can’t pick the Super Bowl itself, maybe you’re tempted to go with a game from that year. Jake Elliott making a 61-yard game-winning field goal against the Giants was when a lot of people knew that year was going to be special. Others might pick out the Carolina Panthers game on Thursday Night Football when the Eagles had to beat both their opponent AND Pete Morelli’s garbage officiating. The 2017 Eagles handed the Cowboys their worst loss ever at AT&T Stadium at the time with a blowout victory ... on the night when Jerry Jones received his Hall of Fame ring at halftime. Carson Wentz’s sensational Monday Night Football performance against Washington had the Linc lit that night but hasn’t exactly aged well. I could go on.
  • Something older. I’m "only” 30 years old so my memory of Eagles regular season games is relatively limited. At least compared to some "older” fans. I can’t really speak to the likes of Bounty Bowl or The Pickle Juice Game, for example.
  • Off the beaten path. Maybe you really enjoyed a game not listed here because it’s not one of the more obvious picks. Or because you attended the game in person and that made it more special for you. If that’s the case, all the more reason to weigh in below in the comments!

So, what say you?

Showing my age, there was a MNF game in Dallas in 1979, back when MNF was THE football game of the week.  Eagles hadn't won in Dallas since 1965 - they never won in Texas Stadium.  And the Eagles were on a 3 game losing streak.  In this game, Dallas jumped out to a fast 7-0 lead - something like 3 plays into the game.  Eagles get into Dallas territory, but can't get the first down.  Vermeil decides to go for it on 4th and 1.  Calls a  pass to Harold Carmichael deep in Dallas territory.  Carmichael catches the ball and scores the Eagles first td.  Jaws got injured that game, but his understudy, John Walton throws a td before Jaws returns.  Tony Franklin kicks a 59 FG right before the half, and the Eagles later go up 24-7 before winning 31-21.  Great memory from a different era.

• Like 1

Miracle at the Meadowlands. Only because I had 3 separate groups of friends and family (Giants fans) that were at the game and I had two friends over watching that were also Giants fans.  The Ish talking was horrible for 3 quarters (my perspective obviously) . The last few minutes and next day were EPIC.

A very close second was the 2017 game vs NY and the 61 yard field goal to win it. That kick (and the sideline pass setting it up) started the whole run that year IMO.

2 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Miracle at the Meadowlands. Only because I had 3 separate groups of friends and family (Giants fans) that were at the game and I had two friends over watching that were also Giants fans.  The Ish talking was horrible for 3 quarters (my perspective obviously) . The last few minutes and next day were EPIC.

A very close second was the 2017 game vs NY and the 61 yard field goal to win it. That kick (and the sideline pass setting it up) started the whole run that year IMO.

Which M@M?  1978 or 2010?

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

2010. I was 1 in 78.

The 2010 MM was a much better and more exciting game than the first one in 78.  I remember watching the play, and it was more like "huh, what just happened?"  The game itself was a boring game.

1990 - Week 12 v Giants.  10-0 Giants coming in expecting to walk it, Cunningham in his prime, Barnett and Williams rookie years and one of the first full Eagles games I got to see on C4 over this side of the pond.  Will never forget Byron Evans pick 6 of Simms. 

1990 Eagles 31 Giants 13 HOME - YouTube

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AberdeenEagle said:

1990 - Week 12 v Giants.  10-0 Giants coming in expecting to walk it, Cunningham in his prime, Barnett and Williams rookie years and one of the first full Eagles games I got to see on C4 over this side of the pond.  Will never forget Byron Evans pick 6 of Simms. 

1990 Eagles 31 Giants 13 HOME - YouTube

Loved that game!  Parcells' Giants always had a tough time with Ryans' Eagles

• Like 1

that 44-6 game was a gem.

Pickle juice game was a good one too.

I liked the 4th&1 game vs. Dallas in 1995 because of it's improbability. Dallas was still the top team in the NFL, but the upstart Eagles beat them by stopping Emmitt Smith on short yardage twice...twice! Late FG sealed it for the Eagles.

yeah...I guess any game they beat those stinking Cowboys is a favorite of mine, lol.

10 hours ago, Procus said:

The 2010 MM was a much better and more exciting game than the first one in 78.  I remember watching the play, and it was more like "huh, what just happened?"  The game itself was a boring game.

Sister in law and her husband, and two separate groups of work friends were at the game texting me nonstop. The next day was very pleasant. 

Regardless of how that season fell apart, this one was always memorable to me.

Beating up on the eventual Super Bowl champions.

• Like 2

Miracle at the Meadowlands II.

Monday Night Massacre as a close 2nd.

• Like 1

1989 Week #2 win over the Redskins at RFK. Down 20-0 early, came back and won 42-37. Drama all game long. It was amazing.

14 hours ago, hoosierdaddy said:

1989 Week #2 win over the Redskins at RFK. Down 20-0 early, came back and won 42-37. Drama all game long. It was amazing.

Same here. I wore out my VHS tape of that game. I was ecstatic that it made it on to that dvd.

• Like 1

Miracle at the Meadowlands 2

The 11-sack game vs. Troy Aikman (Eagles won 24-0)

4th and 1 twice

House of Pain game ("They brought the house, we brought the pain")

On 6/30/2022 at 12:32 AM, D-Shiznit said:

Miracle at the Meadowlands II.

Monday Night Massacre as a close 2nd.

These are my top two but in the opposite order.

On 6/29/2022 at 3:56 PM, Iggles25 said:

Regardless of how that season fell apart, this one was always memorable to me.

Beating up on the eventual Super Bowl champions.

Ahh yes, the Charlie Garner game. That was a good one.

• Like 1