MLB ....ongoing news and rumors.

Steve 17

Maybe Trout would like to get out of a sinking ship.

Now I am fully aware his skills have dropped off a bit, but you can't say he wouldn't be a good addition to the team.

So you are Dombrowski and just got orders to try to make a deal.

Who ya sending to them to bring this guy home ?

8 hours ago, Steve 17 said:

Now I am fully aware his skills have dropped off a bit, but you can't say he wouldn't be a good addition to the team.

He has a rare back problem that isn't getting better anytime soon. So yeah that sounds like the perfect time to bring him home lol. I say this because that's the Philly thing to do, bring in injured players with their career winding down

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He has a rare back problem that isn't getting better anytime soon. So yeah that sounds like the perfect time to bring him home lol. I say this because that's the Philly thing to do, bring in injured players with their career winding down

Easy killer.... read up. The injury is similar to a joint injury. It is not severe but it may ( or may not ) flare up again in the future. Difference being now he knows how to recognize it and docs know how to treat it. His numbers are down this year because of this and the fact there is only one other bat in the lineup that pitchers have to contend with. 

Trout is a generational talent that I would gladly take on our team even for 120 games a season ...... right now in center and eventually to a corner of spot or first.

Still cant figure out beyond Hoskins who I would move for him.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Steve 17 said:

Easy killer.... read up. The injury is similar to a joint injury. It is not severe but it may ( or may not ) flare up again in the future. Difference being now he knows how to recognize it and docs know how to treat it. His numbers are down this year because of this and the fact there is only one other bat in the lineup that pitchers have to contend with. 

Trout is a generational talent that I would gladly take on our team even for 120 games a season ...... right now in center and eventually to a corner of spot or first.

Still cant figure out beyond Hoskins who I would move for him.

I was only joking around because these are the types of players that Philly teams go after and it usually backfires. I'd absolutely take him. That would just be the Phillies luck though if it got worse after trading for him

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I was only joking around because these are the types of players that Philly teams go after and it usually backfires. I'd absolutely take him. That would just be the Phillies luck though if it got worse after trading for him

Lol Understood. I actually read up on this .......  I did my flat Earth research before I posted this topic.  Trout would be a great draw for the team aside from being a quality addition.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve 17 said:

Lol Understood. I actually read up on this .......  I did my flat Earth research before I posted this topic.  Trout would be a great draw for the team aside from being a quality addition.

Lol did a yoga instructor tell you this? That poor guy, 25 home runs and only 53 rbis to show for it. It's a shame for a player like that to be stuck on a team like that. 

• Like 1

So I looked over the entire farm system....... these 3 are no gos

Painter

Abel

Rickardo Perez --- catcher

After that...... I would listen on any other minors player

In the majors ? I would think anyone except for Bohm, Stott, Nola, Wheeler, and Harper.

Obviously nothing has been said about such a move.....but I think they should start trying to figure it out....... hell.... involve a 3rd team if needed.

• 4 months later...
On 8/23/2022 at 11:01 PM, Steve 17 said:

I'd send half of CVON to LA for him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The_Omega said:

I'd send half of CVON to LA for him.

I'll send the other half.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Steve 17 said:

I'll send the other half.

The Angels not only rejected the offer but, apparently, they’ve changed their phone numbers and email addresses too.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

The Angels not only rejected the offer but, apparently, they’ve changed their phone numbers and email addresses too.

...... and left us a note.... "it's not you...... it's me"

...... with a second note.....

" on second thought.... it's you.... now leave me alone or you will hear from my lawyer "

17 hours ago, Steve 17 said:

Since this now is a thing once again........

Send them Hoskins and Quez Watkins

Watkins would fumble the deal.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I'll resurrect this thread so not all baseball is in the Phillies thread.  But this thread needs a name change to something general and ongoing.

Anyway, with Bochy winning a pennant with the Rangers in his first year, I think he was solidified his ticket to Cooperstown.  He went to the World Series with San Diego in 1998, was not fired from San Diego but was allowed to interview for other jobs because their GM thought he was too old, then won three World Series with the Giants, and now is in another World Series with Texas.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 11:44 PM, xzmattzx said:

I'll resurrect this thread so not all baseball is in the Phillies thread.  But this thread needs a name change to something general and ongoing.

Done.

Bruce Bochy is a clear Hall of Famer now.  Won the World Series with the Rangers and the Giants.  Won a pennant with the Padres as well.

Too bad the Phillies didn't hire Bochy instead of Thomson when they fired Girardi. I firmly believe we win the World Series either last year or this year with him at the helm. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Oddly, the part of that headline I found most surprising was that Ichiro is 50 years old. It feels like he was just tearing up mlb a few years ago…

• 2 months later...

Mauer as a 1st ballot HOF’r is a disgrace to the game of baseball.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

That’s awesome