Paris Ford (Pittsburgh S) -- UDFA SIGNED WITH L.A. RAMS

NJWolverEagle11

Depending on how this season plays out w the guys we have S can be a priority next off season. 

Also came across Ford roaming the wonderful world of YouTube. Kid hits like a truck and runs right through ball carriers. Didn't see much time as a freshman in 2018 but had a big sophomore season w 3 picks, 3 forced fumbles and 11 pbu's. Will be interesting to see how he does this season.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4240705/paris-ford

Pitt is such a weird program for NFL talent.  They have like 1-3 guys drafted per year, yet somehow always seem to produce a generational talent every few years (Fitz, Revis, McCoy, Donald, etc).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/26/2020 at 11:55 PM, TEW said:

Pitt is such a weird program for NFL talent.  They have like 1-3 guys drafted per year, yet somehow always seem to produce a generational talent every few years (Fitz, Revis, McCoy, Donald, etc).

PITT constantly puts scrub QB's on the field.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Just watched him. Had a four hour film session on three safeties. I can't say that my eyes, neck or back feel great. 

Paris is definitely a strong safety. In fact, I feel like 95% of this class are strong safeties. 

One thing that confuses me is that he was a rotational guy at PITT. They took him off the field quite a bit. I'm not sure why the hell they did that. He's a guy that definitely is at his best reading what's in front of him and attacking. Aggressive and physical. When I watch these kids I'm always trying to project their skillset to the NFL and I think he's a guy you're going to want to keep in or around the box to make plays. He does close well. Made a play against Penn State where he clearly read the QBs eyes and jumped the route for an interception and 50+ yard return, so he's not devoid of zone coverage instincts. There were a few more in that game where again, made zone coverage reads and made the tackles. I don't see great range though. Same thing against UCF. They kept taking him off the field. Maddening. Did the same things. Made really physical tackles. However, took some really poor angles and then also, he doesn't wrap and misses tackles. 

I like the physical play and instincts if they're going to play a guy more in the box. He would definitely be an effective blitzer. He needs to refine his tackling technique and play under more control. 

Hard to give round values on these kids as again, all I see are strong safeties. I'm just trying to get a good feel for them and get good notes down. 

• Like 2

On 9/21/2020 at 4:45 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We need safety but it's not a desperate need like some other positions. 

I do think the Eagles really need a free safety. A playmaker. A guy with range and instincts. I'd put Trevon Moehrig or Richie Grant as premium players if I made a value board for the Birds. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, stinkfist said:

I do think the Eagles really need a free safety. A playmaker. A guy with range and instincts. I'd put Trevon Moehrig or Richie Grant as premium players if I made a value board for the Birds. 

Yeah I mean going in to last year I didn't think it was an urgent need but recognised that it was a need. Now it is very much a big need.