Eagles sign Vikings DE Janarius Robinson

Portyansky

51 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Little inside info??? SUPER BOWLZZZZZZZ!?!?!?!

4th round pick in 2021, spent rookie season on IR. Probably not a coincidence he played for the team we are facing next.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/janarius-robinson/3200524f-4252-7009-8ff9-37432993ea17

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Janarius&l=Robinson&i=30636

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

4th round pick in 2021, spent rookie season on IR. Probably not a coincidence he played for the team we are facing next.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/janarius-robinson/3200524f-4252-7009-8ff9-37432993ea17

My thoughts exactly. Hardly a signing that moves the needle. More is needed. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

My thoughts exactly. Hardly a signing that moves the needle. More is needed. 

The vikings changed defensive philosophy with the new staff and he may not have been as good a fit now as he was projected to be when they drafted him. His edge "versatility" should actually be a positive in Gannon's system and supposedly, he feels he's capable of dropping in coverage as an OLB in a 3-4. He also must have been teammates with Sweat for 1 or 2 seasons. We have some good leaders on our D-Line that he can learn from if he puts in the effort. He has some physical traits that would make him "freak"ish if he can earn playing time and be productive.

But right now, we are getting some insight on the vikings to offset what they are learning from Reagor. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 20dawk4life said:

But Reagor will tell them all of our secrets. 

I'm sure the Vikings already know Hurts can't throw

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Reagor will F that up too. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Right now he's telling them about how we screwed over Carson Strong, cut Sinnett, and claimed Book so that nobody would be a threat to Hurts ... and that the secret to starting the season healthy is to rest during OTA, TC, and preseason ... and in a 10-play scenario (during OTAs), Hurts had three picks, four incompletions, and three sacks ... oh ...and that dallas sucks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Question is whether this Robinson dude is a very stout, cocky-built guy, narrow thick with strong legs, big glutes and nice calves to salivate over. :drool:

If not don't want.

13 minutes ago, judunno said:

Question is whether this Robinson dude is a very stout, cocky-built guy, narrow thick with strong legs, big glutes and nice calves to salivate over. :drool:

If not don't want.

You forgot good at rock paper scissors 

On 9/13/2022 at 7:07 PM, brkmsn said:

Sounds like he could be a force with good coaching.........oh well, no improvement will be seen.

Signed him because of Barnett? Or because we are playing them and want someone that knows their playbook? Our maybe both. 

On 9/13/2022 at 8:16 PM, 20dawk4life said:

Like how to muff a punt.  :lol:

31 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Like how to muff a punt.  :lol:

😂😂 Right because I don't think he ever actually learned the offense

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Sounds like he could be a force with good coaching.........oh well, no improvement will be seen.

Sometimes I wonder, do you guys just try to "jinx" good things into happening by prognosticating the worst outcome or do you really live your life expecting everything to be a disaster?

The young man was a day 2 pick a year ago, spent his rookie season on IR, and saw new regime come in and alter the defensive philosophy, cut him and then add him back to the practice squad to develop. We poached him from their PS, have no draft capital invested and he gets a chance to keep a roster spot for the remainder of this season if he embraces his opportunity. We have a hybrid defense that could suit his abilities. But this is still more of a "project" than an upgrade. 

• Like 2

Give him a chance, he might surprise. Ya never know. 

Sweat had some good things to say about him. But, they were college teammates. 😎

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Sometimes I wonder, do you guys just try to "jinx" good things into happening by prognosticating the worst outcome or do you really live your life expecting everything to be a disaster?

The present and past history is a good prognosticator of the future, with that said, I don't see any player development happening on the defensive side of the ball, it's called being a realist.

4 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

The present and past history is a good prognosticator of the future, with that said, I don't see any player development happening on the defensive side of the ball, it's called being a realist.

Pessimism is not realism. 

Maddox has developed into a good slot CB. Epps is developing into a solid Safety. TJ Edwards has developed into a very solid MLB. We have some other young players that we are trying to develop. A realist would know that development takes time. 

5 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Maddox has developed into a good slot CB. Epps is developing into a solid Safety. TJ Edwards has developed into a very solid MLB. 

Well I guess 1 hr practice sessions followed up by not playing starters during preseason does wonders for player development.

Maybe next year we can cut the practice session to 30 mins and not let the starters even suit up for the preseason games.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Pessimism is not realism. 

Maddox has developed into a good slot CB. Epps is developing into a solid Safety. TJ Edwards has developed into a very solid MLB. We have some other young players that we are trying to develop. A realist would know that development takes time. 

Josh Sweat has also been steadily improving every year since we drafted him.  He's not an elite DE by any means but he was also a 4th round pick ... I'd say we've gotten great ROI for where he was selected.  

15 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Josh Sweat has also been steadily improving every year since we drafted him.  He's not an elite DE by any means but he was also a 4th round pick ... I'd say we've gotten great ROI for where he was selected.