Our Blitzes

bigdog54

Watching other games I notice the difference in the blitz game.  It seems like our blitzes our so slow. The guys wait a second or two before they go. I guess the idea is trying to disguise it. The problem is by the time they go the play is already developed and they often miss. 

The teams that are good at it don’t seem to try to disguise is. They line up the middle and take off the second the ball is snapped. Overwhelming the offensive  line and either getting the sack or severely disrupting the play.  

Gannon stop all the cuteness. Line up and bring the heat. Let your speed speak for itself. Sure you might get beat on occasion but news flash your getting beat anyway it’s just a slow painful death. 

16 minutes ago, bigdog54 said:

Watching other games I notice the difference in the blitz game.  It seems like our blitzes our so slow. The guys wait a second or two before they go. I guess the idea is trying to disguise it. The problem is by the time they go the play is already developed and they often miss. 

The teams that are good at it don’t seem to try to disguise is. They line up the middle and take off the second the ball is snapped. Overwhelming the offensive  line and either getting the sack or severely disrupting the play.  

Gannon stop all the cuteness. Line up and bring the heat. Let your speed speak for itself. Sure you might get beat on occasion but news flash your getting beat anyway it’s just a slow painful death. 

I also notice we rarely do it, while other teams are blitzing half the time

17 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I also notice we rarely do it, while other teams are blitzing half the time

It’s almost like he wants the QB to be nice and comfortable. They seem to be able to scan the field 2 or 3 times, make a sandwich and drink a beer before any defender touches him. 

I was praying he get a head coaching job that he a rumored to be in line for- just to get him out of Philly. Which leads me to another question:
What the hell did other orgs see in him at all? Must have been the covid disillusion thing that went around. 🤣

Gannon is putting too much faith in the dline to win and doesn't seem to trust the secondary to do their jobs. But like I said in another thread, still too early to see if he has changed from last year. Week one imo was the starters (and coaches) pre season .

Just a thought... Do the Eagles actually have that much speed? I mean who's the guy who's going to really get off the ball and get after the QB? Our DEs aren't exactly the quickest. Our DTs aren't either. And our LBs are all new to the scheme... Or in Edwards case a good player but not a quick player. 

He has the tools to do it.  White and CJ look like ballers and can blitz.  As someone said above, he is counting on the d-line to get there which is a big if at this point.  He should mix it up and whoever has JJ will need help.  JJ is tall so is a mismatch for Avonte in the slot in particular.

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Just a thought... Do the Eagles actually have that much speed? I mean who's the guy who's going to really get off the ball and get after the QB? Our DEs aren't exactly the quickest. Our DTs aren't either. And our LBs are all new to the scheme... Or in Edwards case a good player but not a quick player. 

If we could trust the safeties to cover I’d send Maddox on the corner blitz. Hell send Epps, he’s a glorified special teamer so he’s used to running into lines full speed. 

On 9/16/2022 at 1:44 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Reddick?

• Like 1

I wonder if its some weird analytics strategy he is following. Our pass and run  defenses last year were actually ranked in the upper half despite how crappy our defense looked. We seem to allow high qb completions but not a lot of big plays or points.