Survivor Season 43 (September 21st)

VaBeach_Eagle

I haven't seen the last couple of seasons, I still have the most recent couple of seasons of Australian Survivor to watch, too. But the latest American season begins on September 21st. 

Happy with vote. Feel like the last few years they’ve gone away from keeping small tribes strong. Was def the correct call for this week. 

I suspect there will be an outrage coming based on the person who was voted out.

• 3 weeks later...

Do not survivor related but watching Amazing Race and I legit despise multiple team. Bunch of crybaby quitters. opportunity of a lifetime and just so weak. 

12 hours ago, homerpat said:

Do not survivor related but watching Amazing Race and I legit despise multiple team. Bunch of crybaby quitters. opportunity of a lifetime and just so weak. 

I love the Amazing Race. I could not stand the motivational speakers, but I kinda wanted them to stay because they were an absolute hot mess and (unlike the daughter from Team Jamaica) they at least wanted to finish the race.  Say what you will about Dom, she was an editors dream between what she preached and how she responded to any challenge. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I always hate when someone is paranoid about being voted off and everyone is telling them honestly that they’re safe.  Then they switch and vote them off because they’re too paranoid.  To the one voted off, it confirms their paranoia.

On 10/25/2022 at 8:25 PM, RPeeteRules said:

I always hate when someone is paranoid about being voted off and everyone is telling them honestly that they’re safe.  Then they switch and vote them off because they’re too paranoid.  To the one voted off, it confirms their paranoia.

True, and I am sure a lot of it is due to editing, but to be fair, I'm sure if you're on the beach and the person you're trying to get to vote with your alliance is acting way too squirrelly than necessary, its hard to put a lot of trust in their game or ability to stick with a plan, which tanks their value to you and then makes them an easy target.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 8:25 PM, RPeeteRules said:

I mean in the moment yes it does, but when they watch it back they will realize their mistake.  Sitting on the other side, if this is how they act when the vote is actually safe, can you rely on them to hold firm when it becomes messy the balance of power may be up in the air and every vote counts?

• 2 weeks later...

I know we talk somewhat regularly here about how Survivor has been too "woke" in recent seasons, but last week had a brief Gabler feature with a military shout out coupled with the 3 black guys getting the votes at TC...

19 hours ago, Gern Blanston said:

I know we talk somewhat regularly here about how Survivor has been too "woke" in recent seasons, but last week had a brief Gabler feature with a military shout out coupled with the 3 black guys getting the votes at TC...

Followed by a shout out for Idaho and Alaska. Honestly, he’ll never win but I want the Ali-Gabler to go far Just to create chaos!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Kinda seems like no one really cares much about this season. 

On 10/14/2022 at 10:29 PM, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I’ve never watched this show… has their literally been 42 seasons before this?

Yes, but one season of this is like half of a season of a sitcom or drama. One season lasts from say September to December. Then February to May is a new season. So there's been two seasons per year since 2001 (2000 had a single season). 

7 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Kinda seems like no one really cares much about this season. 

I was talking to one of my brothers over Thanksgiving about it and he watches the ratings and said this this season is one of the lowest rated seasons so far. 

3 hours ago, Godfather said:

I've never seen one episode 

I won't specifically suggest the current season to watch as your first experience, if you were so inclined (I haven't seen any of the last couple of seasons). But some of the early seasons were excellent. 

On 12/8/2022 at 2:46 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was talking to one of my brothers over Thanksgiving about it and he watches the ratings and said this this season is one of the lowest rated seasons so far. 

There hasn’t been anyone who’s a true villain, so there isn’t that much drama this season.

Well, I didn’t find the winner to be objectionable, so that’s good I guess. 

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

When does the next season start?

On Wednesday (3/1). 

On 11/9/2022 at 11:37 AM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Followed by a shout out for Idaho and Alaska. Honestly, he’ll never win but I want the Ali-Gabler to go far Just to create chaos!

Also, look at the prediction from this idiot! :roll:

Almost completely forgot the new season starts tonight. I wonder if any of the players will have tattoos.

That was an insane opening episode. 4 Medical visits, two shots in the dark (neither of whom needed it), one successful shot in the dark, one evacuation, one player idoled out by a 2-1 vote.  This season is going to be a hot mess of bad plays, but I'm all for chaos.