2 min offense to finish the half

Portyansky

When have we seen our team get the ball with 2min (or less) and go down the field and get points? We have now done this 3 weeks in a row and really shouldn't be overlooked. 

• Like 4

The lack of 2nd half offensive scoring is a major concern. 2nd straight game they don't score in the 2nd half. Zero 4th quarter points this year

16 minutes ago, Godfather said:

The lack of 2nd half offensive scoring is a major concern. 2nd straight game they don't score in the 2nd half. Zero 4th quarter points this year

I'm putting zero weight towards that. They didn't score bc they didn't need to score. Minnesota also blocked our FG attempt. Pretty sure we go vanilla not to open our playbook for other teams to see.

3 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

I'm putting zero weight towards that. They didn't score bc they didn't need to score. Minnesota also blocked our FG attempt. Pretty sure we go vanilla not to open our playbook for other teams to see.

That won't work against better teams. That's ridiculous to go "vanilla" and not open the play book or not score because they're up. If they can't put up points in the 2nd half when they're up against bad/ average teams, they won't against good teams

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Godfather said:

That won't work against better teams. That's ridiculous to go "vanilla" and not open the play book or not score because they're up. If they can't put up points in the 2nd half when they're up against bad/ average teams, they won't against good teams

Have you seen our schedule? Good team doesn't come till week 11 I believe 🤣

Just now, Portyansky said:

Have you seen our schedule? Good team doesn't come till week 11 I believe 🤣

Cards are the best team we will face before the bye. We all saw what they did to Vegas last week. If you can't score in the 2nd half against them, L. Anything can happen in this league. The worst teams beat good teams. Point is to score as much as possible. Don't settle because you're leading

On 9/25/2022 at 5:24 PM, Portyansky said:

that sounds right.  using all the great plays to win 49-8 isn't necessary.

I'd like them to use Cam Jurgens on offense doing what he did in high school which got him recruited as a TE to Nebraska.   A good time to use that, to practice it, to determine the viability, might be in the 2nd half of games the Eagles have a comfortable lead. 

I think a lot of it comes down to Hurts and his attitude. He doesn't seem to get flustered. He's always in control and I think in those 2 minute drills that's key. Wentz always used to look rushed and like his internal clock was speeding up because he knew time was running out. Hurts just keeps calm.

On 9/25/2022 at 4:27 PM, Godfather said:

Yeah that sounds like some preseason clichés right there.