The RB Dead Zone

Gannan

This has so far been the year of the mediocre running back. There are a couple of good ones and a lot of dreck. My draft yielded a bunch of dreck. I have alot ofrunning backs who aren't very good, but they aren't so bad that dropping them is a no brainer. Which of these guys are droppable or do I need to hold on to all of them?

Ezekiel Elliot

James Conner

David Montgomery

Josh Jacobs

Antonio Gibson

Montgomery and Gibson seem like they are both on the verge of losing their starting jobs, but Jacobs and that Raiders offense has been bad. 

What a middling group of RBs. Montgomery isn't fully healthy or else I think he'd be better. I'm not a Zeke fan; so much so I have Pollard on my bench as a Flex/Bye week fill-in (a much better value IMO). I wouldn't drop any of them, but I might swing a trade for Zeke in case anyone thinks he still has value left. Zeke isn't giving you much extra you don't already have in that group.

• Like 1

Thanks. I have Derrick Henry as my RB1 so I just need an RB2 and some depth out of that group. I guess I’m going with Conner again as my RB2 and just hoping for the best. I’ve put them all on the block.

I would definitely try to package Zeke and another one, probably Jacobs, in a 2 for 1 trade. Maybe try to get someone’s RB1 who has started slow Ekeler, Kamara, Dalvin Cook and Swift might miss a couple weeks but might be able to steal them from someone..

Wouldnt drop any of them though. I would also take a look at getting Khalil Herbert as a handcuff.

8 hours ago, MidMoFo said:

I would definitely try to package Zeke and another one, probably Jacobs, in a 2 for 1 trade. Maybe try to get someone’s RB1 who has started slow Ekeler, Kamara, Dalvin Cook and Swift might miss a couple weeks but might be able to steal them from someone..

Wouldnt drop any of them though. I would also take a look at getting Khalil Herbert as a handcuff.

I put in a claim for Herbert but didn't get him. I doubt I can get any of those guys, but I' hoping I could maybe create a package for a QB. My QB is Stafford who has been shaky at best. 

• 2 weeks later...

The emergence of Josh Jacobs has helped me big time. However with Henry as my RB1 and Jacobs as my RB2, both are on bye weeks this week. So I need to start 2 of these middling RBs this week...

Melvin Gordon

David Montgomery

Raheem Mostert

James Conner

I'm not really considering James Conner. He hasn't finished the game in 2 of the last 3 weeks. He looks old, slow, and is literally always hurt. Man do I regret drafting his ass as my RB2. 

32 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

gordon & mostert for sure.  i think conner is hurt anyway. 

Agreed. Conner doesn't look right. I'd avoid even if he plays.

• Like 1