Is Josh McDaniels already on the firing squad?

Wallyhorse

Will Josh McDaniels's tenure in Vegas be shorter than Urban Meyer's was in Jacksonville?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Will Josh McDaniels's tenure in Vegas be shorter than Urban Meyer's was in Jacksonville?

• Yes
    • No

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

For sure. He's taken over a talented team who added during the off season and they are the only 0-3 team. 

I don’t really know that they were all that talented. Mike Mayock did a historically bad job of drafting.

10 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I don’t really know that they were all that talented. Mike Mayock did a historically bad job of drafting.

They were a playoff team last year. So they obviously have some talent. 

On 9/29/2022 at 1:22 PM, Wallyhorse said:

JaguarGator9 is not reliable.  He just likes to make videos and has put out quite a few bad ones.

10 hours ago, nipples said:

And people here wanted to hire him. 

According to the same people who said we were hiring Gus Bradley

16 minutes ago, Procus said:

JaguarGator9 is not reliable.  He just likes to make videos and has put out quite a few bad ones.

According to the same people who said we were hiring Gus Bradley

I’m not saying that people were claiming the eagles wanted him, I’m saying there were plenty of fans that wanted him for some reason. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2022 at 1:22 PM, Wallyhorse said:

While I don't put too much credence into JaguarGator9 videos which are just made by some kid who likes making formula videos on a daily basis and doesn't have any real insight - McDaniels antics and poor coaching record could warrant an early termination.  Raiders look to be a hot mess.  Should have stuck with the interim HC from last year who got them into the playoffs.  The Phillies, run by Dave Dombrowski, know better and correctly extended interim manager Rob Thomsan.  The team rewarded this decision with a win in game one of the NLDS

If JaguarGator9 said it, it must be true!

Seriously, I don't think you can can compare this with Urban Meyer.  That guy was a dick and everybody hated him.  They had no other choice but to fire that dude.

Josh McDaniels is so very overrated, but unless he's a total A-hole he'll get at least this season to figure things out.  Honestly, new coaches should have at least 2-3 seasons to install their offenses, get their coordinators in place, etc.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 12:40 PM, Procus said:

While I don't put too much credence into JaguarGator9 videos which are just made by some kid who likes making formula videos on a daily basis and doesn't have any real insight - McDaniels antics and poor coaching record could warrant an early termination.  Raiders look to be a hot mess.  Should have stuck with the interim HC from last year who got them into the playoffs.  The Phillies, run by Dave Dombrowski, know better and correctly extended interim manager Rob Thomsan.  The team rewarded this decision with a win in game one of the NLDS

And a lot more since. 

• Like 1

I've been a McDaniels hater for a long time.  I consider him the poster boy for a lot of things wrong in NFL coach hiring circles.  Always had him pegged as grossly overrated guy who would never win a SB.  But this is madness, he's worse than Chucky, a total disaster and yet something tells me this won't even be his last HC gig.

That said, he will get at least 2 full years.  Meyer was a special case because they felt like he was ruining their franchise Qb.  Carr already is what he is.  Mcdaniel's contract is so hunormous that the Raiders will be forced to hide behind the excuse of Mayock's roster for at least 2 prolly 3 years before moving on.