REPORT: EAGLES SIGN KICKER TO PRACTICE SQUAD

time2rock

REPORT: EAGLES SIGN KICKER TO PRACTICE SQUAD

October 4, 2022

w1.jpg.b16efefc7aaa2bb49ab0b51f3b203b38.jpg

With the uncertainty around Jake Elliott, the Eagles have added a kicker as an emergency backup.

According to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, the team has signed former Texas kicker Cameron Dicker to their practice squad.

w2.jpg.1094231135cfcc23c60bbf03276f54e7.jpg

Dicker was Texas’ all-time leader in FGs (60) and kicked an 86.7 FG% last season. He also recorded a punt average of 46.8 yards.

Elliott was injured on a 43-yard FG attempt in the third quarter of Sunday’s win over Jacksonville. He later returned to drill a 28-yarder but was exhibiting visual discomfort. If Elliott can’t go vs. Arizona, Dicker will get the nod.

"Obviously, we will not ever leave a stone unturned and we’ll be ready in the case that Jake [Elliott] isn’t able to play,” Sirianni said yesterday. "Like I said, we’re hopeful that he will but we’ll be ready if he doesn’t. You can take that how you need to take that. We will be ready, though.”

https://thelibertyline.com/2022/10/04/report-eagles-sign-cameron-dicker/

You can never be too careful and I like the sound of Dicker even if it is just for a week. Didn't Elliot get the job in 2017 when he replaced the kicker who at the time we all loved? Worked out pretty well. 

13 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You can never be too careful and I like the sound of Dicker even if it is just for a week. Didn't Elliot get the job in 2017 when he replaced the kicker who at the time we all loved? Worked out pretty well. 

Elliott was signed off of the Bengals' practice squad after Caleb Sturgis suffered an injury and was placed on IR.  I don't think you can say Sturgis was a kicker we all loved.  :lol:

Perhaps you are thinking of Akers but he was a few years earlier (last year here was 2010) and there were a couple other kickers between (Alex Henery who was god awful and Cody Parkey).  

38 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Elliott was signed off of the Bengals' practice squad after Caleb Sturgis suffered an injury and was placed on IR.  I don't think you can say Sturgis was a kicker we all loved.  :lol:

Perhaps you are thinking of Akers but he was a few years earlier (last year here was 2010) and there were a couple other kickers between (Alex Henery who was god awful and Cody Parkey).  

Oh I think it was Parkey. I mean loved is too far but he was highly regarded.