Leadership

kiwinavega

Watching the press conferences after the Dallas game right now - forgive me, it was sunrise here when they started - what really strikes me is the sheer number of leaders this team has. Sirianni is all over it. Accountable, calling for more, recognising the team and the individuals. Jalen - always wanting more, pushing himself to be better. Kelce goes without saying. Slay. BG. Cox. Leaders all over the field, and there's a real sense of togetherness we haven't seen in a long, long time. Even the SB year, and as much as I love Doug and always will, this feels like it hits different. Any thoughts?

Addendum: I love CJGJ interrupted his press conference to take a text from his grandma. 

• Like 3

Addendum II - James Bradberry is huge for a corner. He has the shoulders of an East German female shot putter

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The players seem to like Siri.  But you have to also realize most of the key leaders are veterans from previous coaches.  Even Hurts is someone Siri inherited.

23 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The players seem to like Siri.  But you have to also realize most of the key leaders are veterans from previous coaches.  Even Hurts is someone Siri inherited.

Yep -- we still have three players who were drafted by AR -- Graham, Kelce & Cox. That's pretty amazing. I'm not even sure we have that many players drafted by Chip still on the team? Lane and.... ???

14 hours ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Yep -- we still have three players who were drafted by AR -- Graham, Kelce & Cox. That's pretty amazing. I'm not even sure we have that many players drafted by Chip still on the team? Lane and.... ???

Honestly not that surprised Chip guys aren’t here anymore. Also I still don’t think Lane is a Chip pick.I still think Chip wanted Jordan, but Miami jumped us. Ultimately we ended up with a way better player. Frankly the better linemen drafted of the tree also. When you think about it though this team only has one player left from Howie’s return to being GM also. 

On offense, I think we are fine in terms of leadership. On defense, we have a lot of respected vets, but there doesn't seem to be a standout leader yet. In the past, we've had Dawkins and Jenkins that were the heart and soul of the defense. Last season, McLeod was the guy they looked to. It just seems to me this season, nobody has really stepped up as of yet. I think you see games out there where maybe the defense begins struggling with tackling and allowing an opponent to get back into games. There doesn't appear to be anybody rallying the troops. It just sort of continues. 

We have offset this somewhat with the vet presence, but I would sure like to see someone become the clear leader out there.