McCaffery to Niners for picks

Procus

Glad the Eagles didn't bring him here.

https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-trading-rb-christian-mccaffrey-to-49ers-in-exchange-for-host-of-draft-p

Christian McCaffrey to 49ers in exchange for host of draft picks

Published: Oct 20, 2022

Christian McCaffrey is heading back to the Bay Area.

The San Francisco 49ers are acquiring the dynamic dual-threat running back from the Carolina Panthers in exchange for a host of draft picks, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported late Thursday night.

In exchange for McCaffrey, the Panthers will receive a 2023 NFL Draft second-round pick, a 2023 third-rounder, a 2023 fourth-rounder and a 2024 fifth-round pick.

The Panthers were also in deep talks with the Los Angeles Rams, Rapoport added.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JournalistMic said:

Shocked at how much the 49ers gave up for him.
Stunning...

Right? Thats a haul 

• Like 3

That's gonna be nasty to stop with Deebo, McCaffrey and Aiyuk all doing many of the same things in different directions.  This is a dink n dunk offense Jimmy G can handle and that D might be their best ever when it gets healthy again.  These guys have to be the most serious threat to Philly in the NFC.

• Sad 1

That's a lot of picks for a RB who's been hurt... Don't get me wrong he's a very very good player but that's a lot to give up. I'm not sure that's a good move for the Niners really. 

• Like 1

Which is probably why if any feelers went out, an indication as to why the Eagles didn't pursue acquiring him.
As good as he is it's just better to take a chance in the 2nd round draft with an HB in the upcoming draft.

That being said Miles Sanders is freaking having a year this season, of course he is trying to get paid. 
I am worried about Miles Sanders getting injured though as he tends to do each season.

3 hours ago, JournalistMic said:

Which is probably why if any feelers went out, an indication as to why the Eagles didn't pursue acquiring him.
As good as he is it's just better to take a chance in the 2nd round draft with an HB in the upcoming draft.

That being said Miles Sanders is freaking having a year this season, of course he is trying to get paid. 
I am worried about Miles Sanders getting injured though as he tends to do each season.

Eagles like to use a RB by committee.  Better for the team to acquire a bruiser if you ask me - it's the missing piece for this team.  Josh Jacobs would like mighty good wearing Midnight Green, and with his Hurts - 'Bama connection, maybe the Eagles have an inside track.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

That's gonna be nasty to stop with Deebo, McCaffrey and Aiyuk all doing many of the same things in different directions.  This is a dink n dunk offense Jimmy G can handle and that D might be their best ever when it gets healthy again.  These guys have to be the most serious threat to Philly in the NFC.

Yeah that is going to be potent for the 3 healthy games McCaffery gives them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Yeah that is going to be potent for the 3 healthy games McCaffery gives them. 

Christian McCaffery is the DeSean Jackson of running backs

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's a lot of picks for a RB who's been hurt... Don't get me wrong he's a very very good player but that's a lot to give up. I'm not sure that's a good move for the Niners really. 

They have been bridesmaids for a few years now and they saw how the Rams went all in and got their ring.  When your window is open because of defense, that window closes much faster than if you have the Elite Qb.  McCaffrey puts even less pressure on Jimmy G to produce points he just has to dump off all day.  I like the move for a team that should be going for broke.

Yeah I keep forgetting that the 49ers were in the NFCCG last season. So here is an opportunity to add to the Offense. 

Too many picks to give up though, for my blood.

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

Yeah I keep forgetting that the 49ers were in the NFCCG last season. So here is an opportunity to add to the Offense. 

Too many picks to give up though, for my blood.

Look what they gave up for Trey Lance

They're in "Win Now Mode."

They must be.  They're currently looking at almost no draft next year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

They're in "Win Now Mode."

They must be.  They're currently looking at almost no draft next year.

Apparently a good chunk of the compensation provided to the Panthers was awarded to Frisco by the NFL in the first place on account of losing assistants to head coaching positions with other teams.  The pundits I saw trying to explain how the Niners were awarded these picks had difficulty explaining the process.

On 10/22/2022 at 3:35 AM, Procus said:

Apparently a good chunk of the compensation provided to the Panthers was awarded to Frisco by the NFL in the first place on account of losing assistants to head coaching positions with other teams.  The pundits I saw trying to explain how the Niners were awarded these picks had difficulty explaining the process.

Yeah.  It made no sense.  But they still have no 1st, 2nd, 4th, or 6th.  They have two picks at the end of the 3rd, one in the 5th, and two in the 7th.  That's not much.

On 10/22/2022 at 12:30 PM, ilikepargo said:

Yeah.  It made no sense.  But the still have no 1st, 2nd, 4th, or 6th.  They have two picks at the end of the 3rd, one in the 5th, and two in the 7th.  That's not much.

The 49ers will be losing lots of players and will try to replace them with a Rams style F DEM PICKS draft.

Never go F DEM PICKS. The Rams are hot garbage now.

On 10/23/2022 at 11:57 PM, SkippyX said:

The 49ers will be losing lots of players and will try to replace them with a Rams style F DEM PICKS draft.

Never go F DEM PICKS. The Rams are hot garbage now.

But it was worth it; two SB appearances and one title. Teams like Dallas draft well and almost consistently field talented teams and have nothing to show for it. 

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

Looked good yesterday

He's a very good player. The kind that will do very well in that offense as they can use him in a number of ways. 

On 10/31/2022 at 5:29 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's a very good player. The kind that will do very well in that offense as they can use him in a number of ways. 

It’s never been about talent with him. He’s just always injured the last couple years. 

On 10/30/2022 at 7:47 PM, pisceschica said:

But it was worth it; two SB appearances and one title. Teams like Dallas draft well and almost consistently field talented teams and have nothing to show for it. 

IMHO, the Rams were damn lucky to win the SB.  They had a really favorable draw all the way through the SB.  But yeah it worked and that's how it will go down in history.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 3:15 PM, dawkins4prez said:

IMHO, the Rams were damn lucky to win the SB.  They had a really favorable draw all the way through the SB.  But yeah it worked and that's how it will go down in history.

They did beat Brady in Tampa

On 11/7/2022 at 6:31 PM, Procus said:

They did beat Brady in Tampa

Exactly.  The toughest game of the draw was a flawed Tampa that they have historically owned.  They barely escaped.  Then they beat frisco in a classic "can't beat same team thrice" scenario and then the SB against Cinderella Cincy.