The Eagles Reloaded

SlimReaper4Six

Restructured Lane Johnson ,  Darius Slay , Jordan Mailata  Dallas Goedert 

Extension Jalen Hurts 5 years 180 million 97.5 guaranteed - The Eagles lock up Hurts for the foreseeable future and he gets a nice payday and the Eagles get a pretty good value to help extend other players.

Traded during the 2022 season 

Andre Dillard to the Chargers for a 3rd and 6th round pick. Rashawn Slater is injured and in order to make a playoff run the go after Andre who can be a solid starter in the NFL at LT

Eagles trade for Kareem Hunt 3rd in the 2023 draft and a 4th in the 2024 NFL draft . Kareem also gets a contract extension for 3 years 23.5 million 18 guaranteed. Howie has continued to work the phones and they get their star RB they were wanting for a long time. He will compete with Sanders for snaps until the end of the 2022 season but afterwards it’s his team.

Eagles trade away their 4th overall pick and their 2nd round pick to the Seahawks the Eagles get their 9th overall , 19th overall and the Seahawks 2nd round pick  and the Broncos second round pick and the Seahawks 3rd  and 5th round pick 

So to recap the Eagles get the 9th overall pick, 19th overall pick, the Broncos and Seahawks 2nd round pick and their 3rd rounder and their 5th round pick.  We give them our 1st 4th overall and the 63rd pick in the draft and our 3rd round pick. 

Re-Sign 

Javon Hargreave 2 years 24 million 15.75 guaranteed. Fletcher will be the casualty of free agency due to his age and what he expects to get paid in the open market. Javon is younger and more consistent in his motor. He stays and gets to start next to Jordan Davis next season.

T.J Edwards.  3 years 16 million 7.5 guaranteed - His transformation over his tenure as a Eagles is absolutely amazing to see. He constantly was told he couldn’t be good or talented enough to be a 3 down LB. The man continues to progress and dominate his competition. Kyzir White is more explosive and a great athlete. T.J Is the more complete player. 

Brandon Graham 2 years 18.5 million 11 guaranteed. Brandon knows if he wants to retire an Eagle he has to be ready to take a paycut. He is now just a 25-30 snap player that is still incredibly effective as long as he is in a rotation. The Eagles bring back one of the best leaders on the Team.  

James Bradberry- 3 years 35 million 17 guaranteed- The Eagles want to keep their secondary in tact at all costs so that means we will need to pay them pretty close to their market value. James has been one of the best players so far in the season and he completely dominates the opponent’s number 2 receiver. 

C.J Gardner Johnson 4 years 32 million 20.25 guaranteed- CJ wants to be paid like a corner but he gets paid like a saftey. 8 million a year is basically a little bit more tha than what Avonte Maddox got as a high tier nickel, which he also was before he was traded here. 

Matt Toth, Sua Opeta - RFA tender for some of the better backups in the league. They both are great left and right players who can compete like a solid player and not miss a beat on offense.

Issac Samuelo G/C - 3 for years 17 million 8 guaranteed. With Kelce retiring and Cam Jurgens sliding into his spot we need a new backup Center that is proven in the league. He will compete to start at RG while Jurgens is healthy but if he does get hurt we can slide Issac Samuelo at center and Driscoll at RG or Opeta 

LS Rick Lavato- one of the best in the business he gets a decent price extension.

Let go/ Test Free Agency - 

Kyzir White 

Marcus Epps

Gardner Minshew

Zach Pascal 

Fletcher Cox 

Robert Quinn 

KVon Wallace 

Miles Sanders

Boston Scott 

DRAFT

9th overall pick  - Myles Murphy DE Clemson 6-5 276 4.75 40. Just a absolute game wrecker in the run and pass game. He can play multiple positions with his unique size and strength. He will Immediately come in and be a starter for this defense and be one of the top prospects for DROY. Howie always builds his lines through the draft and this year is no different. 

19th overall from the Seahawks the Philadelphia Eagles select  Jaylon Jones Texas A&M  CB 6-2 205 4.42 40 - a fast riser this season who has been absolutely dominating his competition. He’s long and rangy and can learn behind two of the best CBS in the NFL. Slay and Bradberry  will no doubt take him under his wing and he can immediately come in and be the first CB off the bench for the outside. 

1st 31overall the Philadelphia Eagles select Anton Harrison Tackle Oklahoma 6-5 315 - He will be able to learn behind one of the best RTs in all of football who also is a Oklahoma Sooner. He is a excellent pass protector who can mirror Rushers with ease. He still is raw  but we have one of the best coaches in all of the NFL history in Jeff Stoutland. He immediately becomes our Swing tackle. 

2nd from the Broncos acquired by the Seahawks. The Philadelphia Eagles select  

Siaki Ika DT Baylor 6-5 345 lb 4.89 40- You can never have enough Defensive Lineman . Another giant who is also a incredible athlete that is very good at rushing the passer and creating pressure. Having Davis and Ika at the interior side by side who create one of the top run defenses in the game easily. We have interior lineman that can rush the passer as well but now we can’t create so many clogs in the run game we will be dominating teams for a decade.

2nd from the Seahawks the Philadelphia Eagles select Malachi Moore S Alabama 6-0 200 4.47 - He plays the star position for the Tide and he is just a solid all around player who can come in and take over for Marcus Epps. I wanted Epps to come back but I’m sure he believes he deserves the opportunity to make as much money as he can after being underpaid for a player of his caliber. 

3rd  Round - Jacob Cowing WR Arizona 5-11 178 - just a master of body control and elite route running and quickness in and out of his breaks. Tough to bring down and his production is off the charts. The Eagles need YAC wideouts and you can get him in the late day 2 early day 3. He would be a great receiver in the slot for us. 

6th Tank Dell WR/RS Houston 5-10 163 4.38 - Reminds me so much if Dante Hall way back when he played for the Chiefs and they called him the Human Joystick. He is fearless and plays a lot biggot than his size would suggest. Go ahead and youtube him . You will fall in love with the intensity and confidence he plays with.

7th  Rasheed Ali RB Marsharll 6-0 206 4.51 He took a leave of absence this season but that’s the only reason why he will be available in the 7th round. He was absolutely dominating last season . As a redshirt sophomore he had a HIM type season 5.6 yards per carry and 1401 yards and 23 touchdowns not to mention he is one hell of a weapon as a pass catcher 46 receptions 342 yards and 1 TD. He is definitely some one you take a flier on. 

7th Dorian Thompson Robinson QB UCLA 6-1 208 4.56 speed - Runs a RPO style offense under Chip Kelly and while he hasn’t been talked about a lot as a top QB I think he would be a perfect fit here behind Jalen Hurts. They have a very similar style of play and while he is Raw and needs to hit the weight room a bit more he could be a excellent developmental QB here. He has a above average arm and can make plays with both his arm and his legs. This is a great value here. He has a 74% completion percentage and almost 2000 passing yards and 17 TDs to 3 INTs. 

Would love to hear from you all in responding to my article. I try and work hard on these. Just saying it’s nice to read some feedback 

On 10/29/2022 at 12:02 AM, SlimReaper4Six said:

Eagles trade away their 4th overall pick and their 2nd round pick to the Seahawks the Eagles get their 9th overall , 19th overall and the Seahawks 2nd round pick  and the Broncos second round pick and the Seahawks 3rd  and 5th round pick 

On 10/29/2022 at 12:02 AM, SlimReaper4Six said:

So to recap the Eagles get the 9th overall pick, 19th overall pick, the Broncos and Seahawks 2nd round pick and their 3rd rounder and their 5th round pick.  We give them our 1st 4th overall and the 63rd pick in the draft and our 3rd round pick. 

Now you're talking. The Eaglesneed more picks and thinking like this is how they have to do it. 

BUT I don't think they get that much for the 4th pick. 

Have you looked at the cap situation? start by using overthe cap.com to see where they stand. Add about $15M for a cap increase. Then estimate the savings from the restructures. Finally, apply it to your signings. I don't think all of the resignings fit. BTW - I agree with every one of your resignings - just with we had the $'s to do it. 

The trades were overcome by events, but I'd have done both of them. 

The draft - I'd have gone in a different direction.

1. DT (Breese, Dexter?) with the 9th pick, S (Battles, Branch?) with the 19th, CB (Porter?) with the 31st. 
  2. DE (Carter?)
  3. Why a wide receiver? I disagree that they need one. Pascal will probably resign and they have 2 on the practice squad. 

Nice read - sorry I didn't get to it before the trade deadline. Looking forward to your next shot.