Almost halfway thru the season, this team seems to be finding its identity

opa-opa

I think our offense is good enough to move the ball on anyone. But its becoming clear imho that the defense is what defines this Eagles team. One thats focused on causing turnovers, a dominating defensive line, and a suffocating secondary.

If we do end up winning it all, i think it would.be the defense that carries us over the finish line.

I think their identity is bound up in their desire for continuous improvement. You see in post-game pressers that Jalen, AJ, and others are less concerned with how well they played, than the plays they left on the field. That attitude to always be better, always be accountable, is a winning mentality. As far as the actual play goes, the Eagles have won games leaning on their running attact, passing attack, run defense, pass defense... it doesn't matter what they face in the opposition, the coaches have found ways to focus on strength v weakness. That's the genius of Sirianni and his coaches, finding ways to exploit the opponent on both sides of the ball. Seriously, much as I love Big Red, much as Dougie will always be a legend, Siri is a *genius* and I don't say that lightly

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

I think their identity is bound up in their desire for continuous improvement. You see in post-game pressers that Jalen, AJ, and others are less concerned with how well they played, than the plays they left on the field. That attitude to always be better, always be accountable, is a winning mentality. As far as the actual play goes, the Eagles have won games leaning on their running attact, passing attack, run defense, pass defense... it doesn't matter what they face in the opposition, the coaches have found ways to focus on strength v weakness. That's the genius of Sirianni and his coaches, finding ways to exploit the opponent on both sides of the ball. Seriously, much as I love Big Red, much as Dougie will always be a legend, Siri is a *genius* and I don't say that lightly

You are so right on this. They are even exploiting little things on a personnel to personnel level. It really makes me feel confident about out future to see a coach so invested in the details of the game. Accountability is a culture with this team, and our coaches are no exclusion.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

Yeah i think Sirianni has won games for the Birds just thru out-coaching the other team. I cant remember a lot of times other Eagles coaches have done that. We won the Dallas game because of his coaching and playcalling.

• Like 1

I think their identity is looking after and going after the football. This defense creates turnovers and this offense doesn't turn it over very much. When you do that you become hard to beat. When the turnover battle and more often that not you'll probably win the game. 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 11:12 AM, kiwinavega said:

Genius? Is that you Siri? Lol.   Genius is term in the NFL that people use until you have been figured out by other teams. Siri is definitely on the roll, let's just leave it at that.

OK, Tabitha... he's not a genius. Is he an egghead? A boffin? A student of the game?