RIP Kevin Conroy, voice of animated Batman

NOTW

He really was the best Batman and forever his voice. Sad news. Highly recommend animated DC to anyone. Easily the best comic translation for any company 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When Mark Hamil got a script for joker, he never read it first, he just asked if Conroy was doing it, and if so he was in.

He's been on a few podcasts and has a great story to tell. The Gotham Knight commentary has a great one about how he volunteered as a cook for the first responders after 9/11.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 7:40 PM, homerpat said:

He really was the best Batman and forever his voice. Sad news. Highly recommend animated DC to anyone. Easily the best comic translation for any company 

Agreed on all counts.  Conroy was iconic and it sucks he's gone.  DC animation is so good.  I can only think of one that I didn't enjoy.  The rest were all exceptional.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

Agreed on all counts.  Conroy was iconic and it sucks he's gone.  DC animation is so good.  I can only think of one that I didn't enjoy.  The rest were all exceptional.

let me guess. Soul of the Dragon?  That one was lame IMO but they tried something different 

48 minutes ago, homerpat said:

let me guess. Soul of the Dragon?  That one was lame IMO but they tried something different 

I actually like when they try out of the box stuff like Soul of the Dragon or Gotham by Gaslight or the other Elseworld titles they've done.

I watched Death in the Family on HBO Max and it was like watching the highlights of a longer, better story.  I see it was made to be interactive so my experience with it on HBO max being non-interactive is probably why it felt that way.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

I actually like when they try out of the box stuff like Soul of the Dragon or Gotham by Gaslight or the other Elseworld titles they've done.

I watched Death in the Family on HBO Max and it was like watching the highlights of a longer, better story.  I see it was made to be interactive so my experience with it on HBO max being non-interactive is probably why it felt that way.  

agreed. also, killing joke was, eh, odd....