Isaiah Foskey (Notre Dame EDGE) -- DRAFTED BY NEW ORLEANS #40

HazletonEagle

Isaiah Foskey is 6'5'' 260lb plays edge for ND. You see him lined up often in the 2 point stance, on either side. Much the same as we use Sweat right now.

Here are last year's highlights. What you wont see from this video, is that aside from his pass rushing prowess, he is an excellent run defender. I know everyone is on the Will Anderson bandwagon right now, but this may be the type of guy we need as run support is such a weakness of ours.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

He's pretty good - I think we get middled here. 

depends on where that Saints pick lands. If its top 4, take one of Anderson, Carter, Murphy and celebrate.

If its like 5, 6, 7... maybe you trade down slightly and come away with a Foskey, CB type of round 1, and grab another run stuffing DT, or DE like Uzomah in round 2. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

depends on where that Saints pick lands. If its top 4, take one of Anderson, Carter, Murphy and celebrate.

If its like 5, 6, 7... maybe you trade down slightly and come away with a Foskey, CB type of round 1, and grab another run stuffing DT, or DE like Uzomah in round 2. 

Agreed - I think he goes in teens, not a guy who lingers to the late 1st.

I expect the Foskey plus picks vs. Murphy conversation to heat up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Agreed - I think he goes in teens, not a guy who lingers to the late 1st.

I expect the Foskey plus picks vs. Murphy conversation to hear up.

I havent really watched Murphy so I shouldnt have an opinion yet but right now Im definitely leaning Foskey plus picks. Just because I know Foskey is really good. And the D has a lot of needs. 

PFN ratings updated:

Murphy, Wilson, Foskey, Verse up

Ojulari, Anudike, Nolan Smith down

• Like 1

I would rather get Murphy.  Unless Foskey falls to our second pick in the first, I would rather look elsewhere.

I am a Notre Dame fan and I watch all of their games. Foskey can be up and down. He excels against mediocre competition but disappears against elite teams.

We already got a guy like that on our team and his name is Josh Sweat.

TDN ratings updated

Anderson, Murphy (4), Wilson (6!), Foskey (17), Hall (26), Verse (32).

Nolan Smith, Anudike and Ojulari distributed through early to mid 2nd.

• 1 month later...

Bump with Jared Verse going back to FSU.

Foskey is a very realistic possibility for the Eagles with that Saints pick, with or without a trade down depending on where it ultimately falls after Week 18.

On 11/20/2022 at 6:15 PM, Ewaeagle said:

I would rather get Murphy.  Unless Foskey falls to our second pick in the first, I would rather look elsewhere.

I am a Notre Dame fan and I watch all of their games. Foskey can be up and down. He excels against mediocre competition but disappears against elite teams.

We already got a guy like that on our team and his name is Josh Sweat.

Seems like he relies too much on his athleticism ... that won't cut it at the next level.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 9:49 AM, time2rock said:

Seems like he relies too much on his athleticism ... that won't cut it at the next level.   

Tumbles from a late-1st to a late-3rd value on PFF... interesting.

• Like 1

The PFF board is making work a bit overall, but Foskey seems undervalued to me.

image.thumb.png.60d8006eb76c2d78e73dcb2b7dda913f.png

• 3 months later...