Jared Verse (EDGE, Florida State) -- DRAFTED BY L.A. RAMS #19

HazletonEagle

His production is down compared to last year - but teams know what he can do and might be scheming against him. I heard he bulked up to 260lb, sometimes that hurts explosiveness. Love if he was in range for a trade up - but I think he’ll do what he needs to do to go top-10.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/16/2022 at 9:31 PM, HazletonEagle said:

I have waited too long to make a thread for Jared Verse. Pretty local guy for me. From Berwick, and went to Central Columbia high school in Bloomsburg (as some Berwick kids do). 

Began his college career at Albany and was highly sought after in the transfer portal. Ended up at Florida State this year and seems to be flying up draft boards.

Hes a little bit of a smaller, stout DE in the mold of Brandon Graham. About 6'4'' 250. Has a lot of the tools to be a well rounded DE. Size helps him play with good leverage converting speed to power, as well as edge setting. Good bend around the edge when rushing the passer. Looks like a guy who, like Graham will end up playing the pass and run equally well. Should thrive in the 5 tech spot on our D. 

Not a lot of new vids on youtube for him yet. There will be some decent highlight vids soon enough, Im sure.

Hmmm, that size sounds like a MLB to me.

Seems to be slipping a bit. With a strong combine and pro day, he'll shoot back up the charts

• 2 months later...
On 12/17/2023 at 8:11 PM, Godfather said:

Seems to be slipping a bit. With a strong combine and pro day, he'll shoot back up the charts

Back to being the daft's top DE after the combine.

Being realistic, it's highly unlikely that he'll be available at 22, dude is arguably the best DE in the draft.

Jesus Christ..this thread was started in 2022...how old is this this guy LOL

• 5 weeks later...

If there is a run on OTs, maybe…

IMG_8278.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 9:31 PM, HazletonEagle said:

I have waited too long to make a thread for Jared Verse.

He won't be available if the Eagles stay put but if he does fall it would be a no-brainer to bring him to Philadelphia.

• Like 1