Darrell Henderson (ex-Rams RB) -- Waived

time2rock

I’m sure pretty much everyone remembers Henderson was the apple of my eye in the 2019 draft.  He was waived by the Rams today.  

https://thelibertyline.com/2022/11/22/rams-waive-darrell-henderson-eagles/

I am in the camp that feels we need more from the RB position.  Gainwell looked to have promise his rookie season but hasn’t taken that 2nd year jump many expected - in fact his trend line is pointing down.  I think he could help.  

• Like 1

I honestly can’t see us signing him. And if Howie does, I don’t see him getting the ball over Scott or gainwell, both of whom aren’t making plays in the passing game (which was supposed to be gainwell’s forte). For some reason, those 2 guys are trusted so much trey sermon can’t even get activated. 

i would like Henderson but only if he’s actually used. And I don’t see him being used here. 

Absolutely loved him coming when he was coming out at the draft.

But he hasn't turned into what I thought he would be at the NFL level - and has had a bunch of chances. He isn't bad but doesn't appear to be the special player I thought he was either - is he really much of upgrade over Scott? Maybe a change of scenery helps but this doesn't feel like a Howie type move to make in season. Maybe if one of the guys gets hurts, I could see it.

I think he'd be a good addition but I'm not sure I can see it happening. For some reason right now we don't seem to be running the ball as much as perhaps we should. And Sanders (rightly) is the main back. Neither Scott nor Gainwell are getting many carries and both I think are really liked by the organisation so not sure how much Henderson would feature. 

We‘ve shown interest in RBs recently and I doubt he‘d be too expensive. Plus we are just a very attractive team at the moment so.. 

I could see it happen.

I wonder if there's something more behind the Rams cutting bait on Henderson, because if Henderson isn't good enough for a roster spot then there's no way Cam Akers is and he's all they have left.

I wouldn't be totally against it, but I'm wary this is an attitude rather than performance issue and also he spoke about wanting a bigger role than he had in LA and he ain't getting that here.

On 11/23/2022 at 10:23 PM, kiwieagle said:

Claimed by the Jags - Eitienne needed a backup

Good pick up by Jacksonville.  

I'm going to lock this now (at least until he is available again :D ).

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 4:07 PM, metal said:

Nah. We can't even get Trey Sermon any touches. Not sure why we'd add another RB.

I mentioned the practice squad thinking to get a better look at him as somewhat of an audition for next year since Sanders and Scott will both become free agents at the conclusion of this season.  

• Like 2