Jerry Jones in racist days gone by

Procus

I'm not one to normally throw someone's ancient history at them - but it is Jerruh and the Cowboys, so what the hell

Yeah I don't think 14-15 yr old Jerruh is gonna catch much flak for this. but 80 yr old Jerruh needs to do better in his reflection on it.

Yes its him. We could talk all day about how racism is evil and ignorant and its passed on from ignorant hateful parents as they poison their children to hate...

Its also a fact beyond question that Jerruh is now in the business of funneling hundreds of millions to black families.

No one is more responsible for the growth of NFL revenue and 65-70% of 50% of that multi-billion pie goes to black players.

Yes he should hire a black coach at some point but the hundreds of millions filtering to the black community is way more important.

I think Jerruh is a strange dude, and a bad GM, but he's really good at growing the NFL.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 2:24 PM, SkippyX said:

Yes its him. We could talk all day about how racism is evil and ignorant and its passed on from ignorant hateful parents as they poison their children to hate...

Its also a fact beyond question that Jerruh is now in the business of funneling hundreds of millions to black families.

No one is more responsible for the growth of NFL revenue and 65-70% of 50% of that multi-billion pie goes to black players.

Yes he should hire a black coach at some point but the hundreds of millions filtering to the black community is way more important.

I think Jerruh is a strange dude, and a bad GM, but he's really good at growing the NFL.

You make it sound so benevolent.  Like charity or something. These black players are earning that money because of the product they put forth.  

I'm not here to condemn the actions and decisions of a 14 YO, I just expected a better answer than "I was curious. If he really wanted to have a better pov for his curiosity, he could have walked up with the black kids.  Standing with racists as a child, then considering his initial stance during the kneeling days pretty much allows anyone to draw their own conclusion. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EagleRob said:

You make it sound so benevolent.  Like charity or something. These black players are earning that money because of the product they put forth.  

I'm not here to condemn the actions and decisions of a 14 YO, I just expected a better answer than "I was curious. If he really wanted to have a better pov for his curiosity, he could have walked up with the black kids.  Standing with racists as a child, then considering his initial stance during the kneeling days pretty much allows anyone to draw their own conclusion. 

The problem is that people think racism is Riley Cooper being drunk and using a word. Its not.

Racism is denying people opportunity or treating them as lesser beings. Its hate through action.

• Trump not renting to black people is racism.
  • Black GIs not getting housing deals like white counterparts was racism.
  • Redlining freezing black people out of nice neighborhoods was racism.
  • Rush Limbaugh's entire life was racism.
  • Selective and harsher punishment for black people in the justice system is racism.

Jerrah hiring Jason Garrett (7 year Cowboys QB and 3 1/2 as OC) and Mike McCarthy (SB winner and great coaching record) is not racism.

Taking a photo at age 15 + Garrett and McCarthy is still not racism.

Will McCray is one of the top guys in the Cowboys organization. That was many years ago when times were different.