Who to start at TE? - PPR

eaglesfan0075

David Njoku vs TB

Gerald Everett vs ARI

Greg Dulcich vs CAR

Thoughts? Njoku didn't do much for me last week

8 hours ago, Gannan said:

Yikes, not much to choose from. Dulcich i guess. 

Yeah it's been rough having Darren Waller bust in this league and having to find replacements for Dallas Goedert in my other two leagues 😂

I ended up starting Everett which isn't looking like a great move. Should have given Njoku another shot lol

13 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Yeah it's been rough having Darren Waller bust in this league and having to find replacements for Dallas Goedert in my other two leagues 😂

I ended up starting Everett which isn't looking like a great move. Should have given Njoku another shot lol

Both Dulcich and Njoku caught touchdowns 😆

Njoku was pretty quiet until he secured a TD catch at the end of the 4th quarter. What does his future look like with Watson set to return to QB?

6 hours ago, toolg said:

Njoku was pretty quiet until he secured a TD catch at the end of the 4th quarter. What does his future look like with Watson set to return to QB?

That Browns offense has been all over the place, it can only improve with Watson. I guess the Dulcich TD was called back? I definitely saw him catch one while watching red zone. The TE position is a mess. I'm glad Andrews came back from injury, otherwise I'd be scrambling. 

Njoku is available in my league and just cleared waivers. (Most teams in this league carry one TE and I don't think they're paying attention.) 

I start Freiermuth, with Kmet on the bench in case I need him. I am wondering if I should swap Kmet for Njoku? Who's better long-term?

Moreau is available too. He would be a good handcuff for Waller, if you're waiting for him to return from IR.

Depends on Fields. I think Kmet is better if, and only if Fields plays. I have Fields, so I am monitoring his injury situation closely. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gannan said:

Depends on Fields. I think Kmet is better if, and only if Fields plays. I have Fields, so I am monitoring his injury situation closely. 

I feel the same. Kmet was consistently good when Fields was playing up to his full potential. Not so good with Fields out.  Njoku is more up and down. But I wonder if Watson opens up the Browns offense, like Fields did in Chicago. Njoku's previous owner dropped him when setting his lineup last week. I am surprised nobody made a waiver claim. Thinking I might have a chance to stash a decent bench option.

• Like 1

Njoku out this week with a knee injury.

Meanwhile it looks like Fields is back, so Kmet's outlook is up. Fields was able to practice, while backup Siemian is hurt and seems unlikely to play.

8 minutes ago, toolg said:

Njoku out this week with a knee injury.

Meanwhile it looks like Fields is back, so Kmet's outlook is up. Fields was able to practice, while backup Siemian is hurt and seems unlikely to play.

yeah...i'm starting kmet this week since njoku is out. he could be okay if fields plays. 

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to advance to the second round despite getting 4 points out of Mark Andrews... again. He's still getting targets, but he's been a disaster. So do I start him in the second round of the playoffs? I also have Waller who just came off IR and caught a TD. Waller got less targets but I feel like he would at least be a factor. Andrews hasn't done anything in weeks because that Ravens offense is a dumpster fire. Someone needs to be fired down there. 

20 hours ago, Gannan said:

I managed to advance to the second round despite getting 4 points out of Mark Andrews... again. He's still getting targets, but he's been a disaster. So do I start him in the second round of the playoffs? I also have Waller who just came off IR and caught a TD. Waller got less targets but I feel like he would at least be a factor. Andrews hasn't done anything in weeks because that Ravens offense is a dumpster fire. Someone needs to be fired down there. 

The entire Ravens offense has struggled without Lamar Jackson. Add to the fact Andrews hasn't been good with Huntley under center. It's an easier matchup this week on paper vs. Falcons, where Waller faces the Steelers who have been stingy to TEs. I'd go Waller anyway, until Lamar returns from injury.

• Like 1