23 minutes ago, homerpat said:

70’s show sucked, so not much hope for 90’s

:nonono:

70's Show minus the last season is amazing

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mat said:

I tried on so many occasions. Was awful every time. Like Big Bang type humor for stoners

• Like 1

That 70s show was ok, I never watched every episode and trying to binge it through now I wouldn't enjoy.  It was the type of show I'd see on replays back when I had cable.  It basically did the same jokes over and over but a lot of shows do that.  Had some good characters, a couple were annoying.  That 80s show was a disaster.  They should leave it alone.  

12 hours ago, Mat said:

Agreed

23 hours ago, homerpat said:

I tried on so many occasions. Was awful every time. Like Big Bang type humor for stoners

so i guess you were a nerd and just couldn't relate. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

so i guess you were a nerd and just couldn't relate. 

I was 1 in the 70’s so I guess I was a pretty nerdy baby. Just don’t find network tv toned down stoner humor that clever. 

7 minutes ago, homerpat said:

I was 1 in the 70’s so I guess I was a pretty nerdy baby. Just don’t find network tv toned down stoner humor that clever. 

the show didnt air in the 70's but that's beside the point. stoner humor is not supposed to be clever. 

another example, there was nothing clever about anything cheech & chong ever did. 

37 minutes ago, homerpat said:

on that (age in the 70s) what's your opinion on Dazed and Confused (movie) ?

those of us who grew up at that age in the 70s love the movie because how it so accurately nails the culture/times. i've found in discussion, those born after or too young to remember the mid 70s felt it was an ok movie at best. 

20 hours ago, devpool said:

I never got the hype of That 70s Show. The dad's character was funny and that's about it

i only watched it in re-runs. netflix i believe. it was ok, plus by that time kunis had grown up and was fire, so there was that. 

my only point to homerpat was, if you were looking for clever humor, a stoner show is rarely going to deliver on that. 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Mat said:

I've already watched the first 6 eps

How is it? 

The first ep had that really bad vibe from the last season but seemed to gel towards the end. The turning point was probably 

the scene where Donna goes out to meet Eric who's sitting on his car.

It felt like the ep had ups and downs but I watched the 2nd ep. Second one is much better and I got stuck in the rabbit hole for another 4. Most of the kids are meh. It looks like they've given them roles that the original characters had rather than establishing something new. They don't have the same charisma the original cast had but it's still entertaining enough and a good starting point. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 4:10 PM, Godfather said:

How is it? 

It’s Fing awful.  The kids are terrible, and Donna looked like she had some anorexic work done to her face.  That 70s show was perfect.  This is absolute dog crap. 

42 minutes ago, hputenis said:

It’s Fing awful.  The kids are terrible, and Donna looked like she had some anorexic work done to her face.  That 70s show was perfect.  This is absolute dog crap. 

Still hot enough to tap?

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2022 at 12:11 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Holy F what a steaming pile of crap that show was.  Only time I ever saw it, was when I would be in the waiting room at Jiffy Lube.  It was always on.  Good God it is so bad.  I don't understand why that show was so popular.  Horrendous.  

Someone takes clips from that show and removes the fake laugh track..... it's painful to watch