R.I.P. Kirstie Alley

iladelphxx

That one was a shocker. I remember seeing her first movie at the theater (I think it was her first). Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan 

Does it seem like an awful lot of famous folks have died this year?

I loved Cheers and Look Who's Talking.. RIP Kirstie.  Wonder which type cancer she had?

Edit to say, I just read it was colon cancer.

2 hours ago, Wormlegs said:

RIP. I didnt know she had cancer. F cancer.

Apparently, she had just very recently been diagnosed. I don't know when, but there apparently wasn't a lot of time between the discovery and her death. 

3 hours ago, Wormlegs said:

RIP. I didnt know she had cancer. F cancer.

Me either. Agreed. RIP

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Apparently, she had just very recently been diagnosed. I don't know when, but there apparently wasn't a lot of time between the discovery and her death. 

You also had to wonder how her religious views influenced her treatment. (Scientology) 

29 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

You also had to wonder how her religious views influenced her treatment. (Scientology) 

I had forgotten that she was a Scientologist, do they not believe in medical treatment? I know that there's some religions that don't.

7 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

So if I understand it (I didn't read 100% of it yet), they are encouraged to seek conventional medical treatment. 

This all sparked a memory of another, maybe lesser known actress that died and didn't seek medical treatment. Georgia Engel. She played Georgette on the Mary Tylor Moore Show and she was also Shirley Burleigh on Coach. She died in 2019 (cause unknown). She was a Christian Scientist, and while it's not forbidden to seek medical help, it's not encouraged and she didn't and wound up dying of something that may have been treatable. 

9 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So if I understand it (I didn't read 100% of it yet), they are encouraged to seek conventional medical treatment. 

This all sparked a memory of another, maybe lesser known actress that died and didn't seek medical treatment. Georgia Engel. She played Georgette on the Mary Tylor Moore Show and she was also Shirley Burleigh on Coach. She died in 2019 (cause unknown). She was a Christian Scientist, and while it's not forbidden to seek medical help, it's not encouraged and she didn't and wound up dying of something that may have been treatable. 

James Hetfield’s mother died the same way, refusing cancer treatment because of her Christian Scientist beliefs. Understandably it really affected him, but we got some great music out of it.

She was excellent in an amazing movie: "Look Who's Talking Now".  The scene when Rocks goes out to fight the wolves, tears every time.