Philadelphia @ New York Giants, 1:00 PM

Kansas City @ Denver, 4:05 PM

Carolina @ Seattle, 4:25 PM

Tampa Bay @ San Francisco, 4:25 PM

Miami @ Los Angeles Chargers, 8:20 PM

Monday, December 12, 2022

New England @ Arizona, 8:15 PM

BYE: Atlanta, Chicago, Green Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, & Washington

Teams are still on a BYE week this late in the season?? Also, I can't believe it's already December and week 14. Time goes by too damn fast.

Love when our Iggles play at 1 pm, yaaaayyyyyy!!!

Those 4 pm games...........ewwwwwwwww.

1 hour ago, pisceschica said:

This can’t be to save their 3 win season :lol:

I’m thinking one of two reasons. They’re looking to give him a shot in 2023 if Stafford retires, and these are just games to get him acclimated, or, a bit of a longer shot, they did it to ensure San Fran couldn’t get him. 

1 hour ago, pisceschica said:

This can’t be to save their 3 win season :lol:

It has to be for buying a comp pick.  Because it certainly can't be to improve their non existent first rounder.

4 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Rams are about to fall hard, for a long time. They got the chip, but it will take them a decade to rebuild. 

What's kind of annoying (to me, anyway) is that the Rams were objectively about the fifth or sixth best team in the league. And everything broke their way. Credit to them for actually winning it, but they were never a real juggernaut. Not even close. 

10 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

What's kind of annoying (to me, anyway) is that the Rams were objectively about the fifth or sixth best team in the league. And everything broke their way. Credit to them for actually winning it, but they were never a real juggernaut. Not even close. 

I'd say 3rd or 4th but point taken, the field really broke their way.  I don't think they would have beaten Buffalo or KC in the SB and i don't think they would have won in GB.  The Niners owned them but rams were overly due against them.

53 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'd say 3rd or 4th but point taken, the field really broke their way.  I don't think they would have beaten Buffalo or KC in the SB and i don't think they would have won in GB.  The Niners owned them but rams were overly due against them.

I think Kansas City, Buffalo, Green Bay, and Dallas were better. I also think Tampa Bay and San Francisco were better even though they lost to them. But again, credit to them for winning after putting all their chips into the table.

On 12/7/2022 at 12:08 PM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

13 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I feel like the exact same thing is happening for the Eagles this year. Prob the 3rd or 4th best team, but everything, and I mean everything (schedule, injuries, opponent’s injuries, etc.) is going your way. I would be floored if the Eagles don’t win the SB or lose narrowly to the Chiefs. 

49 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I feel like the exact same thing is happening for the Eagles this year. Prob the 3rd or 4th best team, but everything, and I mean everything (schedule, injuries, opponent’s injuries, etc.) is going your way. I would be floored if the Eagles don’t win the SB or lose narrowly to the Chiefs. 

Eagles are having a much more dominant regular season than Rams had last year.  If your looking for a team that is lurking towards a similar path, try the Vikings. Look at how thier playoffs are shaping up as the #2 seed:

Wild Card rd:  Hawks/Giants oCommanders at home.  Another 4 pt win for them.

Divisional rd:  Host the #3 seed 49ers.  7th rd rookie Qb at the US Bank.  One defensive TD and they can win that one 14-13.

NFCCG: They get the winner of Philly/Dallas coming off a HUGELY emotional win.  Either team will come in overconfident as well.

Eagles have the best record in the NFL, only team with top 5 Offense and defense statistically and the #3 pt differential at the 3/4 mark.  At this juncture if you don;t have the Eagles as a legitimate powerhouse, you are smoking crack.

11 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Eagles are having a much more dominant regular season than Rams had last year.  If your looking for a team that is lurking towards a similar path, try the Vikings. Look at how thier playoffs are shaping up as the #2 seed:

Wild Card rd:  Hawks/Giants oCommanders at home.  Another 4 pt win for them.

Divisional rd:  Host the #3 seed 49ers.  7th rd rookie Qb at the US Bank.  One defensive TD and they can win that one 14-13.

NFCCG: They get the winner of Philly/Dallas coming off a HUGELY emotional win.  Either team will come in overconfident as well.

Eagles have the best record in the NFL, only team with top 5 Offense and defense statistically and the #3 pt differential at the 3/4 mark.  At this juncture if you don;t have the Eagles as a legitimate powerhouse, you are smoking crack.

I don't put the Vikings in that category. I have them clearly pegged as a fraud team (the Giants are a fraud playoff team as well; I think the Commanders might be a sleeper). Minn has no chance to win the SB. The Eagles and Rams are legit good teams benefiting hugely from circumstance. The Eagles will have exactly one difficult road game, all season! This schedule is historically easy and on top of that, the injury luck has been insane (I think I saw starters have taken 80%+ of all snaps). Of course the differential is going to be high. We've had weeks where half our starters have been out. 

20 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I don't put the Vikings in that category. I have them clearly pegged as a fraud team (the Giants are a fraud playoff team as well; I think the Commanders might be a sleeper). Minn has no chance to win the SB. The Eagles and Rams are legit good teams benefiting hugely from circumstance. The Eagles will have exactly one difficult road game, all season! This schedule is historically easy and on top of that, the injury luck has been insane (I think I saw starters have taken 80%+ of all snaps). Of course the differential is going to be high. We've had weeks where half our starters have been out. 

Injury luck isn't all luck, mate.  The eagles had "historically bad injury luck" for 2 straight years.  Then they tweaked the medical staff, the scouting process and got much younger. Funny how those organizational moves can actually work.  Meanwhile i also follow the Ravens, and their "ridiculous" bad luck is damn easy to trace, they count too much on injury prone guys.

Either way you are still comparing apples to oranges.  The Rams were a team with an underwhelming regular season, Stafford and the defense then caught fire through a favorable playoff draw.  The Eagles are taking a completely different path, more similar to previous McNabb/Reid era teams that trounced a weak NFC on their way to deep playoff runs.

The Vikings are absolutely a team to watch for a sneak attack SB run.  No I don't think they will win it, but I think they are undervalued on their chances to get there based on how the bracket could play out for them and THAT is what the Rams did last year.   If the playoffs hold form Dallas would trounce the Bucs in the WC and then face Philly in rd 2.

And one last note on the eagles luck.  This team is clearly slightly better than the one that won the SB in '17.  To continue to act like this eagles formula is unproven shows some mighty bad short term memory.

On 12/7/2022 at 12:03 PM, BKLYNYG said:

Rams are about to fall hard, for a long time. They got the chip, but it will take them a decade to rebuild. 

They should be fine as long as they wisely use their first round pic…

Nevermind. 

Archived