There is a reason I don't watch sports shows....

GeorgeM37

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-disrespect-espn-reaches-new-ridiculous-heights-nfl-rankings-week-13

And its so ridiculous. I get SO sick of them slobbing on dallas' knob....they spent a good portion of Good Morning Football just really slobbing the hell out of their knobs yesterday. Today when I was at the bowling alley, I am not sure what show that Stephen A Smith and Keyshawn Johnson are on but the segment was "The cowboys are the best team in the nfc".....HOW SWAY???? And keyshawn's 'argument' is that The Eagles beat dallas without dak prescott....as if that was the determing factor in that win.....
Sick of the disrespect and the hoisting of the cowboys as the nfc's best team (in spite of the fact that we have the best record in the entire league) ....you can tell that these people are paid to say and promote these things for 'america's team' (yeah I said it)
*calmly steps off soapbox*
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We didn't have Lane Johnson in the 2nd half of the 1st game, and we still were able to control the game when we needed to.   That's a huge factor that these folks aren't considering.

• Like 4

I'm sorry, but SOME teams can win shootout Super Bowls with backup quarterbacks.  Sorry Dallas!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MagicMoment said:

I used to get upset too then realized that under the radar is probably better. 

Plus all the Dallas hype makes it more enjoyable when they inevitably fall flat.

• Like 5

There is nothing the National Media want more than the Cowboys being "good" and going to the Super Bowl.  You know right now they're all like...

image.jpeg.f1eb7d623125e806cb37107536222509.jpeg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JamesK said:

We didn't have Lane Johnson in the 2nd half of the 1st game, and we still were able to control the game when we needed to.   That's a huge factor that these folks aren't considering.

Yup. OK Dak wasn't there. But everything was fine when they won 4 in a row with Rush. But how about their D? We put it on them. Parsons was a none factor until Lane went out. It's all good though, I don't need the attention on the Eagles. Will be even more satisfying when we beat them.

• Thanks 2

Love them or hate them the Cowboys get attention even if they haven’t done anything of substance in over 30 years. They are "America’s Team” because all of the media says so. Frankly let them, Buffalo, and KC get all the attention. Let the 11-1 team look assume to be the worst team or haven’t beaten anyone. Let them keep doubting Hurts and the Eagles just like they did back in 2017.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't watch them either. Goofballs trying to be funny, that are NOT funny at all. People tying themselves into pretzels to "entertain" you. If I want comedy and entertainment, I'll go watch a REAL comedian, and if I want entertainment, I'll go to a show. Just talk sports straight up, and I would watch. Maybe.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 6:46 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Love them or hate them the Cowboys get attention even if they haven’t done anything of substance in over 30 years. They are "America’s Team” because all of the media says so. Frankly let them, Buffalo, and KC get all the attention. Let the 11-1 team look assume to be the worst team or haven’t beaten anyone. Let them keep doubting Hurts and the Eagles just like they did back in 2017.

I think it's the other way around.  I hate the Cowboys as much as any Eagles fan, but they are the most valuable sports franchise in the history of the planet, ahead of the Yankees and Knicks (who play in a bigger market), FC Barcelona and FC Madrid (who dominate international rankings) and every other organization in sports.  "The Media" didn't create that value; their enormous fanbase did.

By comparison, the Eagles rank #22 not only well behind organizations like Manchester United and Bayern Munich but last in the NFC East, even though Philly is a larger market than Dallas or Washington.  The media follows the money, and the money isn't about this year; it's about decades of building their business.  

7 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

I think it's the other way around.  I hate the Cowboys as much as any Eagles fan, but they are the most valuable sports franchise in the history of the planet, ahead of the Yankees and Knicks (who play in a bigger market), FC Barcelona and FC Madrid (who dominate international rankings) and every other organization in sports.  "The Media" didn't create that value; their enormous fanbase did.

By comparison, the Eagles rank #22 not only well behind organizations like Manchester United and Bayern Munich but last in the NFC East, even though Philly is a larger market than Dallas or Washington.  The media follows the money, and the money isn't about this year; it's about decades of building their business.  

Well the enormous fan base is also a byproduct of the media attention that is driven also. If the prime time games are given to the Cowboys more than to other teams what happens? More people see them. If the best announcers are doing their games it leads to a better product. The media are the ones who dubbed them "Americas Team” and this has little to do with success as the Steelers and Patriots are far from them in championships yet you barely hear these teams mentioned as often as the Cowboys. Heck most of the Patriots luster is directly related to the legacy of Brady but they’re tainted from all of their scandals. The Cowboys scandals just get swept under the rug especially of that coke filled 90s team. What in like 30 years that team has had about two playoff wins, numerous coaches, and has yet to be truly consistent yet they’re still valuable and why is that? It’s because every year the media overhypes them, because love them or hate them people talk about them. I see so many people act like they’re truly scared of the Cowboys and for what? The media has everyone fooled into thinking they’re better than they really are.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2022 at 8:27 PM, Godfather said:

There's no real unbiased sports show

That’s why they make so much money. Mcafee, Mannings, SAS, Mina Kimes, Rich Eisen….

Theyre relatable as you watch them be disgruntled on national TV when something screwy happens to their franchise. It’s entertainment. If Skip Bayless was an objective, robotic sports analyst, he would get a small fraction of the views he does right now. Probably wouldn’t have his own show. But he’s a crazed Cowboys fan with some really out there opinions, and his entire brand is founded on just that.