Sideline Footage Of Jalen Hurts ‘Locked In’ While Teammates Joke Around With 21-0 Lead Is Going Viral (VIDEO)

time2rock

Sideline Footage Of Jalen Hurts ‘Locked In’ While Teammates Joke Around With 21-0 Lead Is Going Viral (VIDEO)

2 days agoby Howard Cosmell

Eagles wideout AJ Brown laughing in one photo and Jalen Hurts with a straight face in the other.

Jalen Hurts has come a long way from the guy who many thought couldn’t be a starter in the NFL coming out of college.

In just his third NFL season, the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback has asserted himself as the MVP frontrunner through the first 14 weeks of the campaign.

His latest MVP-caliber outing came earlier today against the New York Giants, as Hurts torched his division rivals with two touchdowns through the air and another on the ground in a 48-22 beatdown.

This one seemed to be over pretty early, as the Eagles were up by three scores midway through the second quarter. Several members of the offense didn’t seem too worried, as they were spotted joking around and laughing up a storm on the sidelines with a 21-0 lead.

One guy in particular was not about to lose focus, however.

While AJ Brown and Quez Watkins were having the time of their lives, many couldn’t help but notice the man sitting beside the two Eagles wide receivers. It was Jalen Hurts, and he was completely locked in the entire time.

Hurts has been locked in all season. He’s emerged as a leader on the NFL’s top team with both his play on the field and his demeanor off of it.

Coming into today’s game against the Giants, Hurts already had 20 passing touchdowns, nine rushing touchdowns, and just three interceptions. His elite-level play has the Eagles sitting at 12-1 through their first 13 games of the season.

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/jalen-hurts-locked-in-teammates-joke/

I think to be fair to Hurts he's the leader of the offense, one of the leaders of the team and the face of the franchise. He sets the tone and he sets the expectations. And i do think to some extent QBs need to be more locked in than say the WRs. I also think it's a personality thing with QBs.

26 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think to be fair to Hurts he's the leader of the offense, one of the leaders of the team and the face of the franchise. He sets the tone and he sets the expectations. And i do think to some extent QBs need to be more locked in than say the WRs. I also think it's a personality thing with QBs.

I wouldn’t go that far (regarding the last line).  I’ve seen far too many QBs over the years that would have been celebrating with the WRs.  Shoot I’ve seen some of our own QBs that don’t have that laser focus that Jalen seems to have.  Remember McNabb’s goofball antics as he was leading the team out of the tunnel in Dallas?  Bet we never see Jalen do that crap. His demeanor is absolutely perfect.  
https://youtu.be/TULEgebBS0I

• Like 1

12 hours ago, time2rock said:

I wouldn’t go that far (regarding the last line).  I’ve seen far too many QBs over the years that would have been celebrating with the WRs.  Shoot I’ve seen some of our own QBs that don’t have that laser focus that Jalen seems to have.  Remember McNabb’s goofball antics as he was leading the team out of the tunnel in Dallas?  Bet we never see Jalen do that crap. His demeanor is absolutely perfect.  
https://youtu.be/TULEgebBS0I

For as good as McNabb was, I could just never fully embrace him.  Between never getting over the draft day boos, the worm-burners, the smiling face after an interception or badly missed pass, whatever truly transpired between him and T.O. and of course, the goofiness you describe above.  

I love Hurts' mentality and hope he keeps that edge after getting paid.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

For as good as McNabb was, I could just never fully embrace him.  Between never getting over the draft day boos, the worm-burners, the smiling face after an interception or badly missed pass, whatever truly transpired between him and T.O. and of course, the goofiness you describe above.  

I love Hurts' mentality and hope he keeps that edge after getting paid.

Not exactly the same path as Wentz but there are similarities.  McNabb was a bit thin-skinned (like Wentz).  But at least Carson seemed to own his mistakes ... he'd always take responsibility for his mistakes during PCs (that is one area where I began questioning McNabb's ability to lead this team ... "today we showed our youth" ... there were other examples of him deflecting blame ...  that is not what good leaders do).  I also hated that he wanted to abandon the running element of his game and become strictly a pocket passer.  First, he was removing part of his game that kept defenses guessing which really helped the offense.  Second, he was not that great of a pocket passer (his short field accuracy was terrible) so taking away the running dimension placed him closer to being an average QB.  He also didn't have the laser focus that Hurts seems to have.  Yeah, I sure hope Hurts never sways from what is getting him to be a top QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Not exactly the same path as Wentz but there are similarities.  McNabb was a bit thin-skinned (like Wentz).  But at least Carson seemed to own his mistakes ... he'd always take responsibility for his mistakes during PCs (that is one area where I began questioning McNabb's ability to lead this team ... "today we showed our youth" ... there were other examples of him deflecting blame ...  that is not what good leaders do).  I also hated that he wanted to abandon the running element of his game and become strictly a pocket passer.  First, he was removing part of his game that kept defenses guessing which really helped the offense.  Second, he was not that great of a pocket passer (his short field accuracy was terrible) so taking away the running dimension placed him closer to being an average QB.  He also didn't have the laser focus that Hurts seems to have.  Yeah, I sure hope Hurts never sways from what is getting him to be a top QB.

Agreed.  That's why during conversations with people and the topic of "who was the best Eagles' QB" comes up, I don't like even having to put McNabb in that conversation even though he has to be (he's the winningest Eagles QB).  Sucks that our statistically best QB in franchise history could never universally be "loved" by the fanbase.  I know McNabb has his supporters, but I'm not strictly a stats guy.  I lived through the McNabb era and during that time I was happy we were winning but had more than my share of "ugh" when watching (and listening) to McNabb.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

Agreed.  That's why during conversations with people and the topic of "who was the best Eagles' QB" comes up, I don't like even having to put McNabb in that conversation even though he has to be (he's the winningest Eagles QB).  Sucks that our statistically best QB in franchise history could never universally be "loved" by the fanbase.  I know McNabb has his supporters, but I'm not strictly a stats guy.  I lived through the McNabb era and during that time I was happy we were winning but had more than my share of "ugh" when watching (and listening) to McNabb.

Agreed 100% with all of that!  Best QB is franchise history = tallest Philly midget!  lol

• Haha 1