God of War Live-Action Amazon TV Series

Mike030270

I think it's an opportunity missed to start off from that game instead of the beginning. Also I'm not sure how they'll be able to display the fights scenes with him using the blades. The way he uses them in the game doesn't seem like it'd translate well. They'll have to get a good CGI team for that

• Like 1

I just played more Ragnarok tonight so obviously I’m the one winning here 

On 12/17/2022 at 6:07 PM, TEW said:

"Wheel of time show runner…”

RIP GOW TV show.

Wheel of Time is lame source material, the show does a pretty good job of at least making it passively watchable.

I just finished God of War & started Ragnarok last night, so I’m excited but curious what story they’ll tell. 

Also am I crazy for thinking Dave Bautista would be a good Kratos?

It jumps a few years ahead. The first game was very much a quest to the mountain top for Faye’s ashes, with her knowing Atreus would learn more about himself and I’m assuming knowing/hoping kratos would open up more as a father. You happen to encounter some tangential Aseir characters like Baldur and Magni and the other who’s name I forgot. 

Ragnarok dives much deeper into the conflict with Norse gods and Kratos/Atreus part to play in the Jottenheim prophecy surrounding Ragnarok  

22 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Glad, The Rock, just got his superhero role or he would have definitely ruined this series. 

That would be horrible if he were casted as Kratos

On 12/20/2022 at 1:50 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Wheel of Time is lame source material, the show does a pretty good job of at least making it passively watchable.

Let’s talk about this for a minute. Because you’re right. By the end of 14 books the author(s) literally threw every literary trope they could muster into that series. It could have been 8 books shorter. I went on the wiki and got the cliff notes summary for 3 books because I just couldn’t anymore. 

On 12/28/2022 at 9:23 PM, Weaponx01 said:

Let’s talk about this for a minute. Because you’re right. By the end of 14 books the author(s) literally threw every literary trope they could muster into that series. It could have been 8 books shorter. I went on the wiki and got the cliff notes summary for 3 books because I just couldn’t anymore. 

I thought beginning and end of series were solid, just drawn out. Sanderson IMO did a great job wrapping up. The middle drags like freaking crazy, but there are some great storylines in there. I don’t put it at top of my book series post, but you can’t deny it’s influence on the entire genre.