Week 15 RB Dilemma

EaglesAddict

Which 2 RBs Would you Start Week 15? Playoff dilemma  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2 RBs Would you Start Week 15?

• Barkley @ Wash and Etienne @ Dal
    • Barkley and Ken Walker (@SF Thurs night)
    • Walker and Etienne
    • R. White/Fournette (1 of them, @ Cin) and Barkley
    • White/Fournette and Etienne
    • White/Fournette and Walker

I have one FF league where all my choices at RB and Flex are all along the same value...I don't have a single "no brainer".  I limited the poll to just 2 RBs, but damn, here are all my choices I'm debating...

2 RB spots and 2 Flex...choices are:

Etienne

Barkley

Walker

White/Fournette

WR M. Pittman

WR Godwin

WR JuJu Smith-S

WR Lazard

That's 8 choices to fill 4 spots.  I'm leaning Pittman and Godwin as the flexes...but not thrilled at all with choosing 2 of those RBs.

Any help/opinions would be appreciated!!

Ugh they've all been banged up. I think Barkley and Walker are your safest bets. 

33 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Ugh they've all been banged up. I think Barkley and Walker are your safest bets. 

A couple weeks ago I'd 100% agree.  But with Walker coming off an ankle injury playing the top rated run D on Thursday night football...that's a tough call.  I don't like any of my RB choices, lol.  Not a single one. Thanks for the input!

Thursday night games have not put up good numbers this year, generally.  Look at the Eagles game against the Texans.  I have generally been avoiding playing guys who had Thursday games after getting some dud results.

3 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

A couple weeks ago I'd 100% agree.  But with Walker coming off an ankle injury playing the top rated run D on Thursday night football...that's a tough call.  I don't like any of my RB choices, lol.  Not a single one. Thanks for the input!

Yeah the matchup sucks but I think he will be a volume based RB2.

38 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

Thursday night games have not put up good numbers this year, generally.  Look at the Eagles game against the Texans.  I have generally been avoiding playing guys who had Thursday games after getting some dud results.

I know. I have Lockett tonight, but I feel like I have to play him. My other choices are Waddle, Aiyuk (also playing tonight), and Gabe Davis. Waddle has been scary over the last 4 games and I can't trust him in the playoffs with how he's playing right now. 

I'd sit Walker this week. Playing on Thursday against a really tough 49ers D is a tough call. Let's see what he's got before you play him. Avoid White/Fournette at all costs. The Bucs offensive line is decimated and they cancel each other out when they play together. So Barkley + Etienne is what I got left at RB. Good luck.

Go 2 WRs at Flex. I agree Pittman and Godwin are your best bets. Juju is really up and down. Lazard is only there in case of emergency.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

Waddle has been scary over the last 4 games and I can't trust him in the playoffs with how he's playing right now. 

Agreed. Luckily I am strong at WR, I can play Keenan Allen, St. Brown, and Godwin at Flex. So I can bench Waddle. He hurt is leg a few weeks ago, seems it may have zapped away some of his speed. Tua just isn't looking in his direction lately.

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

I know. I have Lockett tonight, but I feel like I have to play him. My other choices are Waddle, Aiyuk (also playing tonight), and Gabe Davis.

I'd go with both WRs tonight, Lockett and Aiyuk, hoping 49ers lean on him more with Deebo out. If you need one more to Flex, I'd still have to go Waddle over Davis. Davis is only left with the crumb targets Diggs doesn't get. Waddle hasn't been good lately but he can go off anytime.

17 hours ago, toolg said:

I'd go with both WRs tonight, Lockett and Aiyuk, hoping 49ers lean on him more with Deebo out. If you need one more to Flex, I'd still have to go Waddle over Davis. Davis is only left with the crumb targets Diggs doesn't get. Waddle hasn't been good lately but he can go off anytime.

My WR1 is Jefferson so I only need one of those guys. I'm in a half PPR league so I usually pay a RB at flex (usually Zeke because he's like an automatic 16 pts at the flex). I played Lockett. He wasn't great but wasn't putrid. He got me 10 points. As long as my other guys come through I'll be ok. Though the guy I'm playing has McCaffrey who went off as usual. I have Jacobs and Henry along with Jefferson and Andrews. Hopefully some of those guys have big games. 

On 12/15/2022 at 3:24 PM, toolg said:

I'd sit Walker this week. Playing on Thursday against a really tough 49ers D is a tough call. Let's see what he's got before you play him. Avoid White/Fournette at all costs. The Bucs offensive line is decimated and they cancel each other out when they play together. So Barkley + Etienne is what I got left at RB. Good luck.

Go 2 WRs at Flex. I agree Pittman and Godwin are your best bets. Juju is really up and down. Lazard is only there in case of emergency.

That turned out to be the best combo!

• Like 1