Who will Most Likely to Move to SNF for Week 18 (Lions vs. Packers)

AlpineEagle

Who will Most Likely to Move to SNF for Week 18  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Week 18

• Titans @ Jaguars (Saturday Night)
    • Ravens @ Bengals
    • Buccaneers @ Falcons
    • Cowboys @ Commanders
    • Lions @ Packers
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/03/2023 at 05:00 PM

Isn't there also a Saturday night game that needs to be filled? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

That’s the Raiders/Steelers game. 

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

That’s the Raiders/Steelers game. 

That is a Christmas Eve Game for Week 16

Just now, AlpineEagle said:

That is a Christmas Eve Game for Week 16

Aw crap. Had my weeks mixed up. Thanks. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Good point. I think Tennessee at Jacksonville fits the Saturday slot because it has no bearing on the rest of the league.

Then you have Bucs - Falcons on Sunday night so you can hear "Is this Brady's last game" about 800 times. (NBC will value this game more)

35 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Good point. I think Tennessee at Jacksonville fits the Saturday slot because it has no bearing on the rest of the league.

Then you have Bucs - Falcons on Sunday night so you can hear "Is this Brady's last game" about 800 times. (NBC will value this game more)

Yeah, I think the Titans-Jaguars is an obvious choice for the Saturday game, if it’s for the division. And the Bengals-Ravens game for Sunday will make sense if the winner gets the division and the loser has to be a wild card.

I remember one year they didn’t even play a Sunday night game because they couldn’t find one that was guaranteed to mean anything.

Ravens/Steelers got flexed into SNF this week so it won't be Ravens again next week.  Jags/Titans is now guaranteed to decide division regardless of what happens in week 17.

On 12/23/2022 at 11:32 AM, downundermike said:

Right now I would say Ravens and Bengals, could be playing for the AFC North title.

This game will be better off played at the 1pm scrum.  If not there could be a scenario where they are locked in to play each other in WC and they both decide to lay off the gas.

SNF possibilities:

1) Lions @ Packers: If Lions and Packers win and Commanders and Seahawks lose. Loser goes home.

2) Jets @ Dolphins: If Dolphins and Jets win. Loser goes home.

3) Titans @ Jaguars: Guaranteed to be for AFC South.

4) Patriots @ Bills: If Patriots and Jets win and guess if Bills and Chiefs win as well. If Chiefs then beat Raiders in week 18, it would be #1 seed (Bills) vs Playoff spot (Patriots). Derek Carr got benched. Jarrett Stidham is starting QB now. It would be a guarantee for Patriots to play for a Playoff spot. Bills may already have #1 seed or be out of reach of it before SNF. Would they risk showing this game where it may be only meaningful for Patriots over Titans-Jaguars game?

5) Cowboys @ Commanders: If Lions, Packers, and Commanders win. Likely only meaningful for Commanders. Between this game and Titans @ Jaguars, it depends what they want more- meaningful for both teams or more attractive rivalry.

6) Ravens @ Bengals: If it's for AFC North (Ravens win or Bengals lose). More attractive game than Titans @ Jaguars, but it would be better suited for Saturday Night Football.

*Note: Jets and Seahawks play each other. If Seahawks win, options 1, 2, and 4 would be out window, and Titans @ Jaguars game would be most likely for SNF.

Saturday Night Football games prediction:

Chiefs @ Raiders for earlier game.

Ravens @ Bengals in primetime.

On 12/26/2022 at 1:55 PM, gameshowfan91 said:

SNF possibilities:

1) Lions @ Packers: If Lions and Packers win and Commanders and Seahawks lose.

2) Jets @ Dolphins: If Dolphins  and Jets win.

3) Cowboys @ Commanders: If Lions, Packers, and Commanders win. Likely only meaningful for Commanders. Between this game and Titans @ Jaguars, it depends what they want more- meaningful for both teams or more attractive rivalry.

4) Titans @ Jaguars: Guaranteed to be for AFC South.

5) Ravens @ Bengals: If it's for AFC North (Ravens win or Bengals lose). More attractive game than Titans @ Jaguars, but it would be better suited for Saturday Night Football.

*Note: Jets and Seahawks play each other. If Seahawks win, options 1 and 2 would be out window, and Titans @ Jaguars game would be likely for SNF.

Saturday Night Football games prediction:

Chiefs @ Raiders for earlier game.

Ravens @ Bengals in primetime.

I go with Tenn/Jax.  2 teams battling it out for supremacy of a crap division is the most intriguing.

Hard to say right now, without the outcome of Sunday's games. 

Say the unthinkable happened and the NFC #1 Seed is still up for grabs in week 18. Then the Eagles-Giants are moved to SNF. I don't anticipate that happening, but if it did that's what I'd expect. 

7 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Hard to say right now, without the outcome of Sunday's games. 

Say the unthinkable happened and the NFC #1 Seed is still up for grabs in week 18. Then the Eagles-Giants are moved to SNF. I don't anticipate that happening, but if it did that's what I'd expect. 

Nah, because if Dallas loses to Washington, we’d have the division clinched prior to playing the Giants. The league doesn’t want a game in prime time that could be rendered meaningless. 

It will probably be Jacksonville-Tennessee. Detroit-Green Bay is another possibility.

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Nah, because if Dallas loses to Washington, we’d have the division clinched prior to playing the Giants.

That's true, but assuming that the division and seeding is still up for grabs, Dallass isn't going to sit their 1's. They'd still have a shot at the division and the 3 seed. So they'd go all out to try to win.

Then the SNF game, in that disaster of a scenario, could be the Eagles-Gnats with the Eagles trying to win the division, and the 1 Seed. If that scenario were to play out, would those other possibilities be more compelling than the Eagles-Gnats?

Of course, I don't envision that scenario playing out. We're winning this weekend, making the whole thing a moo point

Even if Dallas were to go all out to win, that doesn’t mean they’ll actually win. Washington will have a s ton to play for that day too. They could still win. 

But like you said, just win tomorrow and we won’t care.

On 12/31/2022 at 5:52 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That's true, but assuming that the division and seeding is still up for grabs, Dallass isn't going to sit their 1's. They'd still have a shot at the division and the 3 seed. So they'd go all out to try to win.

Then the SNF game, in that disaster of a scenario, could be the Eagles-Gnats with the Eagles trying to win the division, and the 1 Seed. If that scenario were to play out, would those other possibilities be more compelling than the Eagles-Gnats?

Of course, I don't envision that scenario playing out. We're winning this weekend, making the whole thing a moo point

Game is now meaningless for the Giants. Barkley will sit. Maybe Jones and some banged up starters. We took care of our business before you did. 😏

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

Game is now meaningless for the Giants. Barkley will sit. Maybe Jones and some banged up starters. We took care of our business before you did. 😏

Nah, the Eagles got into the playoffs weeks ago. So apples to apples, the 'business' of getting into the playoffs, was taken care of by the Eagles first. But, the greater 'business' of the 1 Seed and HFA with a Bye, should have been wrapped up, that's for sure. 

On one hand though, I would love for the Eagles wo clinch HFA and a Bye as well as the best regular season record in franchise history, against the Giants. But on the other hand, I'd greatly dislike it if the opposite happened...

Seahawks got screwed; because they need to win and the Lions to beat the Packers on SNF to clinch a playoff berth. Subsequently, a Seahawks win will eliminate the Lions before kickoff. The Packers clinch the spot if they win, regardless.

It could be like the final SNF game in 2020-21, when Washington clinched a playoff berth with a win. While the Eagles treated it like a preseason game because they were already eliminated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toolg said:

Seahawks got screwed; because they need to win and the Lions to beat the Packers on SNF to clinch a playoff berth. Subsequently, a Seahawks win will eliminate the Lions before kickoff. The Packers clinch the spot if they win, regardless.

It could be like the final SNF game in 2020-21, when Washington clinched a playoff berth with a win. While the Eagles treated it like a preseason game because they were already eliminated.

League clearly wants the Packers in.