Positive news on Josh Sweat

ManchesterEagle

Siriani says he wanted to play v Giants and that they feel good about him being ready for the playoffs.

Huge boost. 

• Like 18

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Siriani says he wanted to play v Giants and that they feel good about him being ready for the playoffs.

Huge boost. 

They said he was ready to come back to the game the day he was injured but kept him out as a precaution. 

Now we need Lane and Maddox back in that order.

This bye week is big for a lot of players. All these guys getting another week to heal is golden. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

This bye week is big for a lot of players. All these guys getting another week to heal is golden. 

For as bang d up as they have been they still are one of the healthiest teams going into the playoffs. The can potentially have all their starters from the whole season available 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

For as bang d up as they have been they still are one of the healthiest teams going into the playoffs. The can potentially have all their starters from the whole season available 

Healthy and at home. Hard to really have any complaints about that, yet here we are with so many people crying and wanting everyone fired. 😂

• Like 2

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Healthy and at home. Hard to really have any complaints about that, yet here we are with so many people crying and wanting everyone fired. 😂

Lol yup pretty standard around here. I'm also sure next training camp people will still piss and moan that they didn't get 5 more snaps in a meaningless preseason game. This is now 2 years in a row we are going in as one of the healthy teams in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lol yup pretty standard around here. I'm also sure next training camp people will still piss and moan that they didn't get 5 more snaps in a meaningless preseason game. This is now 2 years in a row we are going in as one of the healthy teams in the playoffs. 

Obviously the Eagles are doing this right. They basically have two players on season ending IR and neither of them were starters, and the most important one was the walking penalty Barnett. Basically addition by subtraction. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Obviously the Eagles are doing this right. They basically have two players on season ending IR and neither of them were starters, and the most important one was the walking penalty Barnett. Basically addition by subtraction. 

Who knows Quinn could end up impacting the playoffs so that Barnett injury will be a complete non factor. 

I kind of wonder if Barnett would of put up career numbers ( not penalties) in the sack department. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Who knows Quinn could end up impacting the playoffs so that Barnett injury will be a complete non factor. 

I kind of wonder if Barnett would of put up career numbers ( not penalties) in the sack department. 

This year he might have. Even Graham was able to break his double digit sack season. It really feels like Reddick has made it easier for everyone else around him to make plays while he’s still making plays.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

This year he might have. Even Graham was able to break his double digit sack season. It really feels like Reddick has made it easier for everyone else around him to make plays while he’s still making plays.

Hargrave has done his part too. When Reddick isn't chasing the QB into the DT's hargrave is chasing the QB into the ends. It's pretty lol. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

lol no.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Hargrave has done his part too. When Reddick isn't chasing the QB into the DT's hargrave is chasing the QB into the ends. It's pretty lol. 

When he first got here I didn’t think he’d be the disruptive force that he’s been in the middle. When Howie get his drafts down like he has his free agent signings this team will be elite for years to come. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

lol no.

Only you would crawl out of the blog to trash Barnett lmao. Not that I disagree, it's just funny lol

• Like 1

Nick Sirianni delivers encouraging news on Josh Sweat

Nick Sirianni, who never updates injuries, updated a very important one on Tuesday.

Sirianni said he’s optimistic the Eagles will get edge rusher Josh Sweat back for their playoff opener.

Sweat was carted off the field and briefly hospitalized after suffering a neck injury 5 ½ minutes into the Eagles-Saints game at the Linc on Jan. 1. 

He didn’t play in the season finale against the Giants but did tweet out that he will play again this year.

And now it looks like that will happen.

"I know he is feeling better and that’s obviously a long way from when we all had to watch him have to be carted off,” Sirianni said Tuesday. "I know he’s feeling better. He made a push to play last week, we felt like it wasn’t in his best interest to play last week for health-wise. 

"Are we hopeful he’ll play in two weeks? Yeah. I don’t want to say, ‘Yes, he’s going to play,’ but we’re really hopeful and we really feel good that he will.”

Sweat had a monster season with a career-high 11 sacks, and his 8 ½ sacks since Week 9 was 5th-most in the league. His 86.6 grade ranked 8th among all edge rushers according to Pro Football Focus.

In his absence Sunday, Brandon Graham, who was averaging 27 snaps, played a season-high 44 snaps, Robert Quinn played 18 snaps in his first game since the Packers game and Patrick Johnson played 14 snaps.

The Eagles earned a 1st-round bye, so they don’t open play in the postseason until the weekend of Jan. 21-22 at the Linc.

"Anything can happen, but we know he’s trending in the right direction of getting healthy, and that’s a good thing, because he brings so much to this defense,” Sirianni said.

"We feel his presence every time he’s out on that field, and I know that the offense that’s playing against them has to account for him on every play. So we’re hopeful. He’s definitely doing better. 

"Thank God that he is, and we’ll take it one day at a time, but we are hopeful.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-nick-sirianni-delivers-encouraging-news-josh-sweat

• Thanks 1

The bye is such a big deal at playoff time. Not just home field throughout, but just for the sake of banged up players getting a chance to heal- priceless.

• Like 2

Did we ever get an official diagnosis on the injury?  Was it a stinger or something? 

Good to hear.it was scary to see him down like he was but good to know if was not serious.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Swimm said:

My biggest concern is Lane Johnson. Outside of Hurts he is the most important piece. The O-line is bad without him. 

6-13 record in 19 games without him.....yeah, it is an f'ing huge concern.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

Agreed. I think that's going to be a tough injury for him to play through.  Will be interesting to see how he looks if/when he gets out there.  Either way, I don't expect him to be anywhere near his best. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, NYEagle said:

I am by no means an NFL coach, but common sense would be during this down time, try out Dillard at LT with Mailata at RT....or, if you are hellbent on Driscoll, then set up the DE to start the game....run some draws or screens to Driscoll's side to naturally slow down the DE from pinning his ears back.  DO NOT COME OUT PASSING THE BALL EVERY F'ING PLAY!!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

I am by no means an NFL coach, but common sense would be during this down time, try out Dillard at LT with Mailata at RT....or, if you are hellbent on Driscoll, then set up the DE to start the game....run some draws or screens to Driscoll's side to naturally slow down the DE from pinning his ears back.  DO NOT COME OUT PASSING THE BALL EVERY F'ING PLAY!!!

Exactly. And don't be crazy! You rather have 2 question marks instead of 1?? I much rather have the blindside properly protected. Much easier to scheme when you know you have one weakness instead of possibly 2 that you won't know you have until game day.

With that said. I am confident Lane will be back. 50% Lane is better than anything we currently have.

what he said 🔼🔝⬆️

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

⬆️🤣