This board is dead

Rob331

On 1/17/2023 at 8:23 AM, Rob331 said:

C'mon folks. Share your thoughts and opinions

This board is alive and well, are you referring to the mock draft forum ??

On 1/18/2023 at 12:07 PM, downundermike said:

This board is alive and well, are you referring to the mock draft forum ??

I certainly am. It needs more mocks, more comments, more discussion, and more opinions. 

But less draftnetwork drafts

2 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

I certainly am. It needs more mocks, more comments, more discussion, and more opinions. 

But less draftnetwork drafts

Dude, the Eagles are two games from the Super Bowl, mocks are going to have to wait.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 12:51 PM, downundermike said:

Dude, the Eagles are two games from the Super Bowl, mocks are going to have to wait.

I'm waiting but actually think folks can chew gum and walk at the same time

On 1/28/2023 at 5:44 PM, Rob331 said:

I'm waiting but actually think folks can chew gum and walk at the same time

My friend!

For over a decade I started doing mocks really early, as early as August / September. This is the first year in a long, long time I’m just not into it.

Tired of endless debates about which prospects you like or don’t, what kind of players the eagles prefer, what prospects fit the scheme.

So I decided to just enjoy the season and don’t worry about college football, prospects and the draft. And you know what?! It has been a blast and true revelation. No stress, no pointless discussions, nothing. 

It’s quite possible I won’t post a mock draft at all this season/off-season.

You lead the charge now…

Greeting your buddy Ray,

On 1/29/2023 at 2:26 PM, Ray75 said:

My friend!

For over a decade I started doing mocks really early, as early as August / September. This is the first year in a long, long time I’m just not into it.

Tired of endless debates about which prospects you like or don’t, what kind of players the eagles prefer, what prospects fit the scheme.

So I decided to just enjoy the season and don’t worry about college football, prospects and the draft. And you know what?! It has been a blast and true revelation. No stress, no pointless discussions, nothing. 

You lead the charge now…

Greeting your buddy Ray,

You will be sorely missed by me and all of the serious folks who post and read the mock draft forum. I thoroughly enjoyed the debates we had and admittedly learned alot from you. Sorry you feel it was stressful and pointless. I hope you find enjoyment in it again sometime. 

PS - your brother in law, Manchester Eagle will surely miss you too. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2023 at 11:26 AM, Ray75 said:

My friend!

You lead the charge now…

Greeting your buddy Ray,

Gonna miss you in the EMB mock this year.

21 hours ago, Rob331 said:

You will be sorely missed by me and all of the serious folks who post and read the mock draft forum. I thoroughly enjoyed the debates we had and admittedly learned alot from you. Sorry you feel it was stressful and pointless. I hope you find enjoyment in it again sometime. 

PS - your brother in law, Manchester Eagle will surely miss you too. 

It’s not that I felt it was stressful or anything. It’s just that for some reason I wasn’t into it.

Normally I feel an urge to do player evaluations and eventually mocks pretty early in the season. This year was just different.

Maybe it’s because Howie has done a tremendous job putting a SB team together. I don’t know…

Still love this team and the draft though! 

FYI I think they’ll let a couple of guys like Cox, Graham and Sanders (Gainwell and a rookie will do) walk, try to re-sign Hargrave and CGJ, might want to hold onto Bradberry and in the draft target someone in the trenches at #10 and BPA at #31/32.

Say someone like Myles Murphy or Bryan Bresee at #10 and a quality CB, RB or S at #31 or #32. I can also see them draft Lane’s heir somewhere. Maybe someone that has the versatility to start at RG and kick outside if necessary.

• Like 1

Here is the most recent Mock I did on the PFN simulator.  They gave me lots of trade down offers and most of them were worth taking.  Thoughts?

DF96E122-36EF-4D03-A34F-936C38908486.png

E9E0E15A-8AC4-4D2F-8182-0334AA1F7935.png

On 2/1/2023 at 11:02 AM, Ray75 said:

FYI I think they’ll let a couple of guys like Cox, Graham and Sanders (Gainwell and a rookie will do) walk, try to re-sign Hargrave and CGJ, might want to hold onto Bradberry and in the draft target someone in the trenches at #10 and BPA at #31/32.

Say someone like Myles Murphy or Bryan Bresee at #10 and a quality CB, RB or S at #31 or #32. I can also see them draft Lane’s heir somewhere. Maybe someone that has the versatility to start at RG and kick outside if necessary.

I believe Sanders will definitely walk.  My mock above has multiple RBs drafted.  Gainwell plus those rookies should fill the bill.  I’m hoping Graham is back on a team-friendly deal.  He can expect considerable post-retirement endorsements income if he stays here in 2023 … much more than the difference between his non-Eagles offers and a team-friendly offer from Howie.  Cox, Joseph and Suh are all likely to stay in touch with Howie for a deja vue all over again repeat of what happened with Joseph and Suh this season.  I don’t see Cox having much of a market in Free Agency, but I could be wrong.

You are right about Hargrave.  Howie will try hard to extend him, but another DT FA option could be Washington’s Daron Payne.  He’s about 5 years younger than Hargrave and equally good.  They both are likely to garner the same money.  Signing CJGJ is a must.  Bradberry would be great to have back, but there are other Free Agents, as well as current roster players, plus CB prospects in the Draft, so Howie has options that may mean Bradberry walks.

Seumalo almost surely walks, not because we don’t want him, but because we have A) a bit of a logjam that has Jurgens riding the pine, and B) a need to plan for the RT succession when Lane Johnson retires.  That is why my #1 target for pick #10 is Broderick Jones from Georgia.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 12:07 PM, BigEd76 said:

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com

I used to share mocks from other sites just to get discussion going. With the combine next week, I think mocks will pick up again.

yes big ed i remember these days big Ed when we had a pinned thread and would update it every week with the latest mock links and picks fun times for sure!!