Jason Kelce discusses his future, as Eagles embark on another Super Bowl run

time2rock

Jason Kelce discusses his future, as Eagles embark on another Super Bowl run

image.png.bb40ff7d53a090e509009a24f50ec796.png

It's no secret that Philadelphia Eagles longtime All-Pro center Jason Kelce may consider retirement after the season. In fact, it is something that he's been weighing for a couple of years.

Angelo Cataldi asked Kelce if winning a Super Bowl would factor into his decision to return for another season.

"Probably not," Kelce said on Thursday's 94WIP Morning Show. "All the people I have talked to, people that have given me advice say, 'You'll know when your time is done.' And I don't know if that is going to be a determining factor, but I don't know. I'm just kind of taking it one year at time, one day at a time.

"I really don't try to look long term in regards to that because I don't know when that is going to come or how that's going to happen. Just try to stay in the moment, enjoy it, have fun with my teammates, be the best player I can for them. Another Super Bowl would be great regardless of how many years I've got left."

Kelce has spent his entire illustrious 12-year career with the Philadelphia Eagles, racking up five first-team All-Pro honors and six Pro Bowls. Whenever he does decide to retire, Kelce will go down as one of the all-time greatest and most likeable pro athletes in Philadelphia sports history.

https://www.audacy.com/94wip/sports/eagles/jason-kelce-eagles-retirement-future-playoffs-philadelphia

He still has the ability.  He didn't make huge money in his career so another big payday has to interest him

Not going to pretend to know what any player is thinking and what motivates them ... money, love of the game, championships, the ability to still play at a high level, having fun, etc.  Kelce definitely seems to check both of the latter two boxes so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he decides to continue his career.  But those may not be at the top of his list as he contemplates his future so it also wouldn't surprise me if he decided to hang em up.  I do know we are a better team with him so I hope he continues suiting up in an Eagles uni.  

On his podcast they had Gronk on. And they asked asked Gronk. You can see Jason really paying attention to what Gronk was saying about losing the passion. Gronk said you will definitely know when you've had enough.

Imo, Kelce easily has 2 more left. So 4 SBs won't be that bad!