Who’s CB1 in the 2023 Draft?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s CB1 in the 2023 Draft?

• Christian Gonzalez, Oregon
    • Joey Porter Jr., Penn State
    • Kelee Ringo, Georgia
    • Cam Smith, South Carolina
    • Devon Witherspoon, Illinois

Absolutely no idea! It was Ringo but he seems to have fallen after recent games.

21 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Absolutely no idea! It was Ringo but he seems to have fallen after recent games.

Has physical ability (H/W/S), but lacks the combo of swag and technical skills/instincts I would require in a CB1. 

On 1/21/2023 at 5:43 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think Witherspoon who's got the size and ball skills. But you can absolutely make a case for any of those mentioned. 

I like Witherspoon as well. And I am a lifelong Gerogia fan. Will be interested to see how Witherspoon tests at the combine because his production and film are excellent. 

• Like 1

What happen to all the people that were adamant about not drafting from the Pac12?

24 minutes ago, Godfather said:

What happen to all the people that were adamant about not drafting from the Pac12?

I still have my Pac12/Big12 bias - but they have some nice players from time to time.

• Like 2

Just now, Waiting4Someday said:

I still have my Pac12/Big12 bias - but they have some nice players from time to time.

No doubt. They might have the best player coming out of the draft next year. As a USC fan, it'll hurt watching Williams go

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

No doubt. They might have the best player coming out of the draft next year. As a USC fan, it'll hurt watching Williams go

USC lost on merit to Utah, but I was hoping they/Williams would make the final 4 playoff.

1 minute ago, Waiting4Someday said:

USC lost on merit to Utah, but I was hoping they/Williams would make the final 4 playoff.

Recruiting class looks promising and they've already hit the portal well. Defense is a key for them this year

• Like 1

Deonte Banks - who's this guy?  Okay - man corner without ball skills, not my jam here.

3 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Marvin Harrison Jr’s son joey Porter jr?

Good thing there isn't any good cb coming out of OSU this year.  :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Witherspoon seems to be the consensus CB1. Ringo is in free all, most board/mocks I have seen have him in the 2nd rd.

• Like 1

Thought it was Ringo until the last couple games he played. Now I have no clue. Not the strongest CB class this year, which is unfortunate since we are likely losing Bradberry and Slay is at the tail end of his career. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 1:32 PM, nipples said:

Thought it was Ringo until the last couple games he played. Now I have no clue. Not the strongest CB class this year, which is unfortunate since we are likely losing Bradberry and Slay is at the tail end of his career. 

In a stronger class the top two corners are gone before pick ten though. Again.

That said I think Witherspoon is very good.

Not too many surprises, would’ve been better if Witherspoon ran… but he’s fast.

On 2/25/2023 at 9:12 AM, Infam said:

In a stronger class the top two corners are gone before pick ten though. Again.

That said I think Witherspoon is very good.

I find it hard to believe both corners will be gone before 10

• 2 weeks later...

Drafting a CB is one thing. Developing one is another thing these Eagles coaches don't know how to do on this team. I don't get it. 

On 1/23/2023 at 12:59 PM, Waiting4Someday said:

Deonte Banks - who's this guy?  Okay - man corner without ball skills, not my jam here.

He’s my #3 CB. Definitely better than Porter, Ringo and Smith.

Big, blazing fast, and like glue in coverage. He didn’t have a bunch of INTs, but he’s just flat out in a different league than those 3 guys I mentioned, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the best CB from this class. He has crazy potential with an NFL style game.

I’d put Forbes as my #4 CB. Another guy with 4.3 speed and the best playmaking skills in the class by far. Dude took 3 INTs to the house and had another 3 INTs with a bunch of other PBUs. If he were 15 pounds heavier he might be the top corner in the draft.

22 minutes ago, TEW said:

He’s my #3 CB. Definitely better than Porter, Ringo and Smith.

Big, blazing fast, and like glue in coverage. He didn’t have a bunch of INTs, but he’s just flat out in a different league than those 3 guys I mentioned, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the best CB from this class. He has crazy potential with an NFL style game.

I’d put Forbes as my #4 CB. Another guy with 4.3 speed and the best playmaking skills in the class by far. Dude took 3 INTs to the house and had another 3 INTs with a bunch of other PBUs. If he were 15 pounds heavier he might be the top corner in the draft.

Agreed on Forbes, really liked him for the Gannon heavy zone due to the ball skills despite the weight. Not sure what Desai’s coverage preferences are, but based on Woolen long-fast is a safe assumption which Banks falls under. I’d rather have Gonzalez, but if he wasn’t there at 10… some nice consolation prizes are available there or via tradeback.

It's hard not to be biased for Penn State, so I picked Porter. 
That being said I don't know if I would pick any of them at pick 10 but lower however it really depends on what other teams are doing in the draft (supply and demand) which might force Howie to draft a CB higher than they might value that player at.

I'll post a mock draft for Eagles picks I think Howie might draft later on.