Who to Root for?

Geemen

I think between the Bengal's and Chiefs I'm rooting for Burrow. Who are you guys going to root for in the superbowl after this weeks loss to the 49ners?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Geemen said:

I think between the Bengal's and Chiefs I'm rooting for Burrow. Who are you guys going to root for in the superbowl after this weeks loss to the 49ners?

I'd be more worried over how much you are going to overpay Daniel Jones if I were you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I'd be more worried over how much you are going to overpay Daniel Jones if I were you. 

Nah, those are worries for after the superbowl. Also the Giants have a ton of cap space next year + they have Daboll running the show. I would be more concerned with Nick underperforming a little with a totally loaded roster.

12 minutes ago, Geemen said:

Nah, those are worries for after the superbowl. Also the Giants have a ton of cap space next year + they have Daboll running the show. I would be more concerned with Nick underperforming a little with a totally loaded roster.

I hate to break it to you, but the Giants are out of the playoffs and therefore, cannot get to the Superbowl.

Sorry. But the good news is you can absolutely start worrying about overpaying Daniel Jones.

3 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I hate to break it to you, but the Giants are out of the playoffs and therefore, cannot get to the Superbowl.

Sorry. But the good news is you can absolutely start worrying about overpaying Daniel Jones.

I have a sneaking suspicion that after this weekend we are both going to be on the outside looking in at the super bowl. Only difference is that Ill be eating a slice of pizza and you will be eating a cheesesteak wit. 

2 hours ago, Geemen said:

Welcome to the board, the Giants had a pretty good season, better than most expected. 

Who to root for? The Eagles, of course. 

• Thanks 1

olsilverqueen wants to plunder your paper bag glory holes, one at a time.

• Haha 1

I'm not even thinking about it, but I will say that SF is more dangerous than either KC or CINN.  We just need to get beyond this weekend first...

• Like 1

The giants have 4 wins in their last 12 games. Exciting!

• Like 2

The Eagles are 15-1 this year with Hurts playing. 

The Giants only exceeded their over/under this year by 2 wins. The Eagles exceeded theirs by 4.5. 

1 hour ago, NCTANK said:

olsilverqueen wants to plunder your paper bag glory holes, one at a time.

You’re assuming he hasn’t already

• Haha 1

Bengals. Burrow is a stud. They're on a roll and they have the Chiefs' number. They beat them 3 times in-a-row since last season already. It's tough to root against Andy Reid... Maybe it's false sense of security, but I think the Eagles matchup better against the Bengals. :Eagle_smiley: :towel:

You guys are already making Super Bowl accommodations but things are looking pretty tight right now. Come on guys it’s the 49ners 4th string qb

21 hours ago, Geemen said:

You guys are already making Super Bowl accommodations but things are looking pretty tight right now. Come on guys it’s the 49ners 4th string qb

The eagles defense was in the backfield most of the game. While it may have been more competitive; the game still results in an eagles win. 

I have too much respect for coach Reid and his team to trash talk them.  Haven't heard from Chiefs fans yet, but so far, none of the cockiness of Niner or Giant fans. 

Eagles are favored here?  First time head coach and QB in the SB against a future HOF head coach and MVP QB headed on the trip their third time together.  Eagles have never beaten the Chiefs under Andy Reid.  To me, this is a heavyweight bout, and the Champ is the Champ until he's taken out.  Had that same feeling in 2017, have that same feeling now. 

The other factor is the venue.  Eagles overall haven't had a lot of success in the desert.  There was something surreal about the sub zero weather in Minny in 2018 - almost like a cold day in hell.

On the other hand, Eagles may not have done well with Reid teams in the past.  Maybe its time to take a different tactic and trying mugging them the way we mugged Frisco last week and the way the Panthers mugged us in 2003.  Isn't that sometimes the best way to take out the champ?