Longest Losing Streak by Division Games  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Opponents

• Broncos on a 15 Game Losing Streak vs. Chiefs
    • Jets on a 14 Game Losing Streak vs. Patriots

NFL Record is Bills Lose 20 in the Row vs. Dolphins from 1970 to 1979

Will the Streak keep going or End the Losing Streak for 2023 Season

Jets.

But that's less about where the Jets are and more about where the patriots are compared to the Chiefs.

• Like 1

God I hope the Broncos do. Last 3 games were close but it's pathetic losing that many in a row to one team. We also have a 6 game losing streak to the friggin' Raiders....the crappy Raiders....unbelievable.

Pisses me off. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, paco said:

Jets.

But that's less about where the Jets are and more about where the patriots are compared to the Chiefs.

That’s my thinking as well. 

• Like 1

Jets, because I think the Patriots are on a huge downward trajectory until Bill B is gone and they bring in a new coach with a new perspective. Feels like Bill’s shtick has run its course now that Brady isn’t there to carry him. 

On 2/14/2023 at 9:44 AM, AlpineEagle said:

NFL Record is Bills Lose 20 in the Row vs. Dolphins from 1970 to 1979

Will the Streak keep going or End the Losing Streak for 2023 Season

So that's where Steve Martin's infamous "Buffalo beat Miami? You're sick, you're sick!" remark on one of his comedy albums came from. 

On 2/14/2023 at 2:05 PM, Broncos72 said:

God I hope the Broncos do. Last 3 games were close but it's pathetic losing that many in a row to one team. We also have a 6 game losing streak to the friggin' Raiders....the crappy Raiders....unbelievable.

Pisses me off. 

The only thing I can say to that is: Broncos Country.  Let's Ride!

18 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

The only thing I can say to that is: Broncos Country.  Let's Ride!

Hated that slogan. So lame.

There's another one making its rounds in Broncos Country this year: 'Buck Em!' I mean it's a little better, but, not feeling it.

Never really cared for a team slogan or catch phrase, fight songs or chants....that's just me, but given how bad they've been the last seven years, I think they should be more focused on being a winning team and beating their division opponents. All these slogans do is just create more material to be mocked. Win first, then have your fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncos72 said:

There's another one making its rounds in Broncos Country this year: 'Buck Em!' I mean it's a little better, but, not feeling it.

Never really cared for a team slogan or catch phrase, fight songs or chants....that's just me, but given how bad they've been the last seven years, I think they should be more focused on being a winning team and beating their division opponents. All these slogans do is just create more material to be mocked. Win first, then have your fun.

Oh absolutely and Russ has been mocked mercilessly for that stupid slogan.  It's almost like he thought about marketing and branding first and winning second.  I wonder if he trademarked that one, too.

3 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Oh absolutely and Russ has been mocked mercilessly for that stupid slogan.  It's almost like he thought about marketing and branding first and winning second.  I wonder if he trademarked that one, too.

It was bad. It never made sense to me...you don't ride a bronco like you're going horseback riding, you are trying to hang on and not get bucked off and kicked in the face. Buck Em at least make sense.

I don't think he trademarked Lets Ride....I wouldn't have, especially after last year.

Yeah, he's been about his brand for years. His Team 3 or whatever it is.

It's a shame. I mean, I don't care about the goofy personality, I'd rather that than him just a flat out bad guy. It's the ego he has about thinking he's something he's not as a QB. He's never been on the level of Brady or Manning. Don't get me wrong, he was always a very good QB, one you can win definitely win with and did his part at times to carry the team but for whatever reason he just made himself bigger than the team. And in Denver last year, he got his wish and pretty much ran the show....and it blew up in his face.

I can only hope last year was  humiliating and humbling enough for him to re-evaluate himself. We let him cook....and we all got food poisoning. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2023 at 8:26 AM, Broncos72 said:

Thoughts on IN-COM-PLETE! ?

I honestly didn’t know that was a thing until I moved to Denver. 

49 minutes ago, paco said:

Thoughts on IN-COM-PLETE! ?

I honestly didn’t know that was a thing until I moved to Denver. 

I know it's a tradition they have had for some time but it doesn't do anything for me.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy when a pass against our D falls incomplete but I just don't feel the urge to chant "incomplete"...I simply enjoy the few seconds and move on. If an incomplete pass results in the Broncos getting the ball back or ends the game and the Broncos win, then I'll get excited.

I thought they mix it up.

Sometimes say:

In- Com-Plete

Sometime say:

Den-Ver-D

The best part is when it goes waaaaahh wahhhh like they are heckling you. Denver fans rule.

2 hours ago, Broncos72 said:

I know it's a tradition they have had for some time but it doesn't do anything for me.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy when a pass against our D falls incomplete but I just don't feel the urge to chant "incomplete"...I simply enjoy the few seconds and move on. If an incomplete pass results in the Broncos getting the ball back or ends the game and the Broncos win, then I'll get excited.

I feel like it would mean more if it was the result of an actual defensive play (deflection, QB hit resulting in an errant pass, etc) instead of EVERY incompletion IMO.  The seven years I was out there most folks had roughly the same opinion as you.  It’s a tradition but kind of "whatever”. 

3 hours ago, paco said:

I feel like it would mean more if it was the result of an actual defensive play (deflection, QB hit resulting in an errant pass, etc) instead of EVERY incompletion IMO.  The seven years I was out there most folks had roughly the same opinion as you.  It’s a tradition but kind of "whatever”. 

Pretty much.

But then again, every minimal accomplishment, sports and otherwise, is celebrated nowadays, so it fits with the times.