Eagles news: Starters named top 25 FAs, Miles Sanders destination theory

time2rock

Eagles news: Starters named top 25 FAs, Miles Sanders destination theory

image.png.0c9b4f669468cc41c8bfab937b53618a.png

The weeks are about to start flying by now. You just wait and see. In a flash, we’ll be discussing the NFL Scouting Combine. Then, it’s full speed ahead through the free agency frenzy, Pro Days, and eventually the 2023 NFL Draft. Many of the questions we have about the Philadelphia Eagles‘ roster will be answered over the course of the next three months.

You’ve heard this 200 times by now. It bears repeating. Decisions have to be made on 20 impending Eagles free agents. Recently, CBS Sports ranked the top 25 defensive players expected to enter the pool. Four of them are Birds, and honestly, had offensive and defensive players been ranked, at least three of them would have wound up on that list too.

Javon Hargrave landed at number one. James Bradberry, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, and Fletcher Cox landed at three, eight, and 11 respectively.

More Eagles news: Lines are drawn connecting Miles Sanders and the Denver Broncos.

We transition from defense to offense and arrive at Miles Sanders avenue. He’s another of those familiar faces who have reached the end of their current deals, and though he’s coming off of the best season of his career, one where he earned a Pro Bowl nod, the general consensus among football pundits is we’ve seen him for the last time in an Eagles jersey.

Brad Speilberger of Pro Football Focus recently penned his theory on landing spots for the top running backs entering free agency, and he predicts that Miles Sanders lands in the Mile High City and signs with the Denver Broncos.

Here’s some of his theory.

Sanders can be a good early-down pairing with 2021 second-round pick running back Javonte Williams as he makes his return from a knee injury that reportedly involved damage to multiple ligaments. New Broncos head coach Sean Payton has always emphasized a diverse skill set in his backfield, with the one-two punch of Alvin Kamara and Mark Ingram II in New Orleans a solid blueprint for what the eventual Williams-Sanders pairing could look like from a usage standpoint.

It makes sense. The Broncos could use all of the help they need on offense seeing as how Russell Wilson is cooked, and Denver was never able to consistently build any traction on offense in 2022.

Maybe Sean Payton can transform Miles Sanders into his ‘Darren Sproles’ or ‘Alvin Kamara’. Time will tell, but for now, he remains an interesting conversation piece as we move through the offseason, one where the Philadelphia Eagles are trying to put arguably the most disappointing loss in franchise history behind them.

https://insidetheiggles.com/2023/02/18/eagles-top-free-agents-miles-sanders/

I don’t think there’s going to be a huge market for Sanders. Maybe Miami? I don’t see a fit in Denver since Williams is a beast and Sanders is not a pass catching type of back. Maybe a 1 yr insurance deal but I don’t think so. 

I bet Issac goes at guard to the Colts and T.J and Hargreave go to the Cardinals to follow Gannon. My guess is that Miles goes to Buffalo with Josh Allen as a full time starter gets a decent pay day. 
So here is my guess for everyone 

Cardinals sign TJ Edwards and Hargreave. Nick Rallis gets his leader and helps implement the defense and helps the transition for every new team mate. Hargreave replaces JJ Watts production and they now can use the 4 man rush he desperately needs without blitzing.

TJ 3 year deal 30 million . Hargreave 3 year deal 62 million 42 guaranteed. Cardinals over pay but get their prize free agents and role models to help teach the scheme and defense. 

Colts sign Issac Samuelo 4 year deal 48 million 27.5 guaranteed - Follows Shane to help implement the offense and solidify the offensive line. 

Miles Sanders to the Buffalo Bills 3 years 22 million 13.5 guaranteed. Josh Allen gets a top 12 RB and gets some of the pressure taken off his shoulder.

James Bradberry 3 years 50 million- Jaguars are known for having to over pay but they get much needed help in the secondary to help compete in the AFC 

Titans sign Andre Dillard to a 5 year 80 million contract insane right? Look at what Mailata got at LT 4 years 64 million. That’s what the going rate is for starting LTs now and Andre will seriously get overpaid. 
to think the non starter of this group is most likely to sign the biggest contract is insane but will almost certainly be true.Most likely he will be the top Tackle on the market. 

Issac Samuelo to the Bears  3 years 39 million 21.5 guaranteed. The Bears need to protect their young star QB and Samuelo is most likely going to be the highest rated guard in free Agency. 

Kyzir White signs back with the Eagles. 2 years 11 million 6 million guaranteed 

Gardner Minshew - Colts sign to a 1 year 12 million contract - Will be the bridge starter for Shane until his young QB is ready to play. 

Fletcher Cox to the Jaguars- 1 year 15 million goes back to Doug Pederson to help bring some excellent experience to the young Jaguars defense. 

Brandon Graham and CJ Gardner Johnson go back to the Eagles BG 1 year 5.5 million CJ Gardner Johnson 5 years 65 million 34.5 guaranteed 

I meant to delete the Bears for Issac because the Colts makes too much sense 

15 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I can see Sanders in Denver actually. 

I can see him in Denver. I just can't see him as Sproles 2.0.