Who do YOU want for DC?

Talonblood

I like what they’re doing - think outside the box. I’m not overly impressed with any of the retreads. I probably like Zimmer the most out of those guys but I’ve never been that impressed with him either. Fangio would’ve been a great choice but that ship has sailed. 

Of the retreads... Gregg Williams - led a solid defense in a bad situation back 2019... 22.9 pts/game allowed, but hitched to Sam Darnold, 31st in the league in points scored, 32nd in yards generated.

5 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Of the retreads... Gregg Williams - led a solid defense in a bad situation back 2019... 22.9 pts/game allowed, but hitched to Sam Darnold, 31st in the league in points scored, 32nd in yards generated.

Not a bad idea if the team goes for a veteran DC. One of the few solid options with NFL DC experience left out there.

7 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Not a bad idea if the team goes for a veteran DC. One of the few solid options with NFL DC experience left out there.

I think Gregg Williams might have a job in the XFL/USFL at the moment, oh well, not sure his energy would vibe with Nick anyway.

College coaches...  Kirby Smart?

I think Jim Leonhart is a home run hire. Especially with the NFL offenses starting to look more like college offenses. Great leader, experienced in college and has his players overachieve imo.

I hear a lot about experience but experience is not everything. Let’s not forget the chiefs actually reached out to college coaches on how to stop RPO. Although the chiefs defense was unsuccessful this shows that the DCs in the NFL don’t know everything.

With Jim Leonhard and Vance Joseph now out of the running, it leaves the following that have been interviewed/linked with the Eagles job:

Dennard Wilson - Eagles DB coach

Chris Shula - Rams passing game coordinator 

Jesse Minter - University of Michigan DC

Sean Desai - Seahawks associate HC

Of these guys, I'd lean towards Desai. He's had the experience learning behind two solid defensive minds in Vic Fangio and Pete Carroll, and did an admirable job in his lone season as Bears DC in 2021 under Matt Nagy, the former Chiefs OC, after spending a few seasons as their safeties coach and after Vic Fangio left the Bears in 2018. 

When former Colts DC Matt Eberflus was hired as their HC, after Nagy was let go, he elected to bring in one of his own guys as DC in Alan Williams, former Colts DB coach. Desai does have some ties to Philly, spending time at Temple as a professor and as a defense/ST coach from 2006-2010.

9 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

With Jim Leonhard and Vance Joseph now out of the running, it leaves the following that have been interviewed/linked with the Eagles job:

Dennard Wilson - Eagles DB coach

Chris Shula - Rams passing game coordinator 

Jesse Minter - University of Michigan DC

Sean Desai - Seahawks associate HC

Of these guys, I'd lean towards Desai. He's had the experience learning behind two solid defensive minds in Vic Fangio and Pete Carroll, and did an admirable job in his lone season as Bears DC in 2021 under Matt Nagy, the former Chiefs OC, after spending a few seasons as their safeties coach and after Vic Fangio left the Bears in 2018. 

When former Colts DC Matt Eberflus was hired as their HC, after Nagy was let go, he elected to bring in one of his own guys as DC in Alan Williams, former Colts DB coach. Desai does have some ties to Philly, spending time at Temple as a professor and as a defense/ST coach from 2006-2010.

Agree with this