Eagles 3 Round Mock

EaglesAddict

Not doing a "conventional thinking" mock here.  There's a growing part of me that wants to see the Eagles just keep investing in the offense and turn a good offense into a sustainable juggernaut.  I'd use FA and some draft picks on the defense, but the bigger focus is offense...

10. Trade down.  Detroit is feeling themselves and want to make a bold move for what may be their most highly anticipated upcoming season in a very long time.  They give up picks 18 and 48 to move up 8 spots.

18. RB Bijan Robinson - Would Howie ever do this?  No.  But, this is my mock! :P Regardless of positional value (taking RB in round 1), Robinson is an excellent player.  Daniel Jeremiah has him as a top 5 overall player in this draft.  He would immediately add another dimension to this offense and would likely make for less running by Hurts (which is important for his short and long term future).

30. CB Deonte Banks - We obviously need a corner.

48. WR Nathaniel "Tank" Dell - Will fill 2 roles...immediate upgrade at slot WR and would be the new PR.  Will give us explosiveness in the return game and add another big play threat on offense.  Imagine our current offense and adding Dell and Robinson!  Plus, imagine being excited again watching punt returns with a guy who is a threat to break it every time he gets one.

62. OT Cody Mauch - Have to keep investing the OL as they are the key to offensive success. Mauch has the traits...and with Stout's tutelage...to be Johnson's heir apparent at RT.

94. DL Karl Brooks - Interesting player who is listed as an Edge, but has the size to play inside (6' 4", 290).  Could be the versatile type the Eagles always look for.

• Like 1

Would love this, if…

Kelce returns and Jurgens moves to RG

Lane Johnson returns.

BG returns.

We get Hargraves or Fletch for another year, preferably Hargraves, but may not have the money.

CJGJ returns.

I also think we need either Kyzir White or TJ Edwards another year, but maybe Dean and another LB is ready to step up… Davion Taylor?

Would also prefer a true edge or DT at pick 48 for impending loss of BG and Hargraves/Cox.

Bijan Robinson would be awesome in this offense, would love it!!! I think he’d have to fall to 30 before I think it’s realistic with our FO though… but it’s your mock and I’d support it! 👍

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MidMoFo said:

Would love this, if…

Kelce returns and Jurgens moves to RG

Lane Johnson returns.

BG returns.

We get Hargraves or Fletch for another year, preferably Hargraves, but may not have the money.

CJGJ returns.

I also think we need either Kyzir White or TJ Edwards another year, but maybe Dean and another LB is ready to step up… Davion Taylor?

Would also prefer a true edge or DT at pick 48 for impending loss of BG and Hargraves/Cox.

Bijan Robinson would be awesome in this offense, would love it!!! I think he’d have to fall to 30 before I think it’s realistic with our FO though… but it’s your mock and I’d support it! 👍

I think Kelce will return...and that will likely mean Jurgens plays RG for this year.  I think they will prioritize CJGJ and keep him.  Hargrave...I'd love to keep but I don't think they can pay both him and CJGJ because both will be big money.  Unless Fletch plays for less money, I don't see him being back (plus, he is clearly in decline).  BG could be a possibility.  I think they'll try to keep Edwards at LB after letting him test FA to gauge his value and get him back on a reasonable deal.  Dean will def be a starter though. 

I'd love Robinson in this offense but realistically we won't draft him because that's not what Howie does.  Unless, like you said, he's still on the board at 30.