Calijah Kancey (Pittsburgh DT) -- DRAFTED BY TAMPA BAY #19

Rey

I had never heard of this guy before the Combine ... so I decided to take a look at the highlight film and all I can say is WOW! What potential as an inside pass rusher ... quickness, speed, moves, plays low with power. I'm a fan. I would gladly use the 30th pick on him (although I can't see him dropping to 30), not really sure why there hasn't been much hype on him till now?

1 hour ago, Rey said:

I had never heard of this guy before the Combine ... so I decided to take a look at the highlight film and all I can say is WOW! What potential as an inside pass rusher ... quickness, speed, moves, plays low with power. I'm a fan. I would gladly use the 30th pick on him (although I can't see him dropping to 30), not really sure why there hasn't been much hype on him till now?

There has been hype about him but everyone's perception is completely different. I think it was Mel Kiper that had Kancey going to the Eagles at #10 in one of his mock drafts. No one can question his production, he is a monster. His size is where the concerns come in. Yes, he is the same size as Aaron Donald when he came out but hard to project him to be that type of player in the NFL. Plus with the likeliness of the Eagles going to a base 3-4, not sure Kancey can be a 5 technique. If they draft him, then they think he can be. Curious to see where he goes. He will be an absolute monster on pass-downs so I do not think there is a chance he falls out of the top 20 tbh.

• 1 month later...