March draft with trades

Rob331

Howie makes 2 trades in the 1st round. Detoit sees someone they want and moves up. We get a 1 and a 2. Green Bay also wants to get into the back of the 1st round and they trade a 2 and a 3 to get there. 

Det 18 (900) & 48 (420) for 10 (1300          
GB 45 (450) & 78 (200) for 30 (620)          

1 18 CB Smith Cameron South Carolina 6'1' 187 4.45
2 45 S Battle Jordan Alabama 6'1" 210 4.54
2 48 DT Dexter Gervon Florida 6'6" 313 5.20
2 62 RB Charbonnet Zach UCLA 6'1" 220 4.53
3 78 G/C Avila Steve TCU 6'4" 334 5.30
3 94 DE Young Byron Tennessee 6'3" 245 4.68
7   T/G Bainivalu Henry Washington 6'7" 330 5.50
7   P Baringer Bryce Michigan State    
  • Cam Smith is the most overlooked corner in the draft. Porter, Gonzales, and Witherspood are getting all the press but a 6'1" corner who runs 4.45 from the SEC has started written all over him. Replaces Bradberry.
  • Battle is a no brainer. We're going to lose at least 1 safety after FA. Wallace can't play and Blankenship has to keep showing up to make me feel comfortable. Replaces whichever safety we lose. 
  • Charbonnet is my favorite running back. Big and fast, he'll take the majority of the snaps and Gainwell will be a change of pace. Replace Sanders.
  • Avila. It was him or Vorhees, but the ability a center as well as guard is the kind of thing the Eagles value. Replaces Seumalo
  • Young will fit into the rotation. We'll still have Reddick, Sweat, and hopefully BG. Barnett and Janarius Robinson wil have to battle for the final spot. Might replace BG or will displace Barnett. 
  • Bainvalu's size and positional flexibility are the kind of assets Stoutland seems to like. Replaces Dillard
  • Barringer is a punter - need I say more. 

Let's hope Howie can parlay one or more of the potential comp picks and add another pick in the middle rounds. I'd love to have a linebakcer like Campbell, Overshown, or Sanders. 

• Like 1

I like it a lot but although I’d love it, something tells me Howie’s not gonna use his first pick on a corner.

Rosebud would never, ever draft d-backs with the first two picks. He's all about splash in the first couple of rounds and he's not about to change now. With that being said this mock makes a lot of sense. 

5 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I like it a lot but although I’d love it, something tells me Howie’s not gonna use his first pick on a corner.

42 minutes ago, slick1234 said:

Rosebud would never, ever draft d-backs with the first two picks. He's all about splash in the first couple of rounds and he's not about to change now. With that being said this mock makes a lot of sense. 

Let's hope history isn't a constraint this year. I get it, no corners in the 1st saince Lito and no safety ever. But, ther eis a big need, our offense pretty much intact, and the edge well manned with Sweat and Reddick the window is still wide open and without a strong secondary good QB's will kill us.  

slick - hopefully he sees two trades of 1st round picks as a splash.