Derek Carr to Saints

Procus

Not sure what to think about this.  They are way over the cap & Sean Payton is now in Denver.  This is a terrible move for Derek Carr and I have no idea what he sees in NO.  Maybe he just likes to hang out in the big easy?

Maybe he can play running back as well

43 minutes ago, eggs said:

I guess this could be seen as a negative for the order of our 2024 2nd round draft pick. 

Raiders were 6-11 with Carr and Devonte Adams.

• Like 4

That was super strange. I think everyone was expecting them to rebuild

This is hilariously great :roll:

• Like 1

An interesting take on this is that this is a weird monkey wrench into to QB market.  He's at $37.5 million AAV now with $100 in guarantees.  Does this mess up Danny Dimes negotiations with the Giants?  If Carr is $37.5, I have to think Danny is should be around that number someplace, too.  

It could be a sneaky good move.  First off , Carr was easily the best bang for your buck Qb on the market.  2nd, the Saints were getting picked by some (not me) to win the NFC last offseason because they are rock solid at both LOS.  If I remember right their cap Hell ends next year.  Yeah i can definitely see this working for a 2024-25 run.

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

It could be a sneaky good move.  First off , Carr was easily the best bang for your buck Qb on the market.  2nd, the Saints were getting picked by some (not me) to win the NFC last offseason because they are rock solid at both LOS.  If I remember right their cap Hell ends next year.  Yeah i can definitely see this working for a 2024-25 run.

Because of dat arm talent?

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, NOTW said:

Dat arm talent deaux

Did that Rstarter guy ever come back?

1 hour ago, Mortimer said:

Did that Rstarter guy ever come back?

Legend has it he's still in church and hasn't seen the game yet.

• Haha 1

On 3/6/2023 at 9:46 PM, paco said:

Because of dat arm talent?

Carr is somewhere right behind Stafford and dead even with Cousins range.  This is a very solid price to attain a QB like that.  The Giants just paid more for Nickels and I'm taking Carr over Nickels hands down.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 12:12 PM, EricAllenPick6 said:

Raiders were 6-11 with Carr and Devonte Adams.

Yeah, but it's the raiders. Carr and Adams are not bad, they just play for a really bad, poorly managed organization. 

11 hours ago, 700Level4Life said:

Yeah, but it's the raiders. Carr and Adams are not bad, they just play for a really bad, poorly managed organization. 

The Raiders much like the Giants have simply been unable to fix their pass blocking for a long time now.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2023 at 10:12 PM, NOTW said:

Legend has it he's still in church and hasn't seen the game yet.

Funny, I was coming in here to say that it was a shame that rstarter went to church one day and was never heard from again lol

I think his Carr thread was one of the threads that I made sure to archive before the old EMB died. lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Funny, I was coming in here to say that it was a shame that rstarter went to church one day and was never heard from again lol

I think his Carr thread was one of the threads that I made sure to archive before the old EMB died. lol

That thread was gold!

• 2 months later...

Apparently if you merge two of the worst ATNfl posters you get Michael Thomas

Michael Thomas thrilled to be working with Derek Carr, compares him to Drew Brees

Derek Carr was one of the first people Michael Thomas greeted when he walked onto the practice field at the Ochsner Sports Performance Center on Tuesday, and he made it clear after practice how excited he is to be working with his new quarterback.

"Oh he’s been amazing,” Thomas said, reiterating, "Amazing. I can’t wait to get out there with him and create something special, a connection. Just the way he commands the huddle, the sense of urgency, he’s a pro. It’s great for these young guys to see.”

In a lot of ways, Thomas says Carr reminds him of his old quarterback Drew Brees. Between his command of the huddle and his presence at the facility, Thomas feels that he and his teammates can learn a lot from their new passer: "His demeanor (stands out). Just everything, just watching him from when he gets in the building, kind of like Drew was, when he was watching film you could learn from him, in the locker room you could learn from him. Anywhere in the building you could learn something different from them that makes them how they are, and I respect (Carr) a lot. I love talking football with him. He loves football.”

Thomas added that he’s expecting to begin training camp at full speed after finishing his recovery from last year’s toe surgery, which currently has the team limiting him to individual work at OTAs. He’ll ramp up his activity level over the summer and do everything he can to be an asset for this team moving forward. Having a quarterback he believes in as strongly as Carr is powerful motivational.

Great archive.  Check out this screenshot of DUM's profile

Screenshot (201).png

• 1 month later...

Carr will have pro bowl replacement level stats and the Saints will go 8-9 or 7-10.