4 weeks to go mock

Eaglerick55

Good evening all. Hope all are doing well.

A fairly quick mock with 3 trades. I know trades are hard to pick, but with howie's  slight-of-hand, and needs in middle rounds, I think these make sense.

In advance--this mock is assuming Carter does not make it to 10. If he makes it to 10, definitely taking him.

Trade 1. Trade 10 to Pitt for 17 and 49. Pitt needs an OT or perhaps a CB. Can get most of them at 10

Trade 2. Trade 30 to Las Vegas for 38 and 100. LV moves up to get to end of rd1

Trade 3. Trade 94 and 2024 #5 to NE for 107, 135, 184. NE has 12 picks, and will try to consolidate. We will have several mid round picks with compensetories in 2024.

17. Bryan Bresee. DT Clemson 6'5" 298. Fills huge need, and a great compliment to Davis.

38. Jack Cambell. MLB Iowa 6'5" 245. Best inside backer in the draft. Will be a 10 yr pro bowl guy. Moves Dean to Will

49. Felix Andudike-Uzomah. DE Kansas St. 6'3" 255. Excellent DE prospect to take over in 2024. Learns from BG this year.

62. Jordan Battle. Safety Alabama. 6'1" 208. Battles for starting safety. at worst, the #3. can start for sure in 2024.

100. Tyler Steen OT Alabama 6'6" 320. Played both LT and RT at Alabama. At best, swing tackle. At worst, OT depth this year.

107. Cedric Tillman. WR Tenn. 6'3" 210 Good outside guy who had some injuries in career. Can learn a bunch this year and become a decent 3rd outside guy.

135. Andrew Voorhees OG USC. 6'6" 310. mid 2nd rd talent who blew out ACL at combine. 2023 is redshirt year to recover, learn from Stout, and become our RG in 2024.

184. Bryce Baringer Punter Mich St. Who cares. Top punter in college last year. Needed badly.

219. Tre Tucker WR slot Cincy. 5'9" 185. Backup slot guy. Can also return kicks

248. Anfernee Orji. OLB Vandy. 6'2" 230 Depth LB and ST guy.

This should cover all our needs this year, and set up nicely for 2024. Have fun with it.

ER

Felix is decent but I think he’s just a career backup. I don’t him being a great edge rusher. It’s not that I don’t want DEs but I’d go for Will Mcdonald , Isiah McGwire, Bryan Young. Just not my guy. He’s someone we will always be saying man I wish he gave us more quality snaps. 
Bryan is the Landon Dickerson if this years draft injuries push him down the board but when he plays he will be a outstanding value.

Tre Tucker has been going second third round. I don’t see the hype though to me he should be drafted where you slotted him. So if he was drafted there I’d be happy with the pick.

Jack Campbell , Trenton Simpson I don’t think we draft LB until day three. Howie doesn’t value the position. If he was drafted I’d be okay with him but honestly it just doesn’t seem like Howie would address that early.

Cedric Tillman to me reminds me of a Young Marvin Jones. Solid player. Just not a fit for what we need. He doesn’t play special teams and doesn’t have position versatility. For another team like the Packers to take over for Lazard? He would be perfect.

I like Battle and Steen, excellent pedigree, battle tested could come in and compete for jobs right now. Good value. 

Your draft to me is a little all over the place. Good players, bad fits. 
Excellent selections and some that don’t make sense. I’m not downing you at all. If Roseman did this would I be mad? Absolutely not I just don’t see the fits matching with the team. Not the talent. 
It was a good read thanks bro.

Hey Slim. I agree That McDonald would be a better player and fit. Like him a lot. Unfortunately, I don't think he will be there at 49. That's why i did not take him. If he is there, then absolutely. I actually went back and forth between Felix and Zach Harrison. I could be happy with him as well.

Not a fan of Young. Played on a vert good defense, but didn't produce nearly as much as he should have. sacks, tfl, etc. Not sure why, but that raises a flag for me.

McGuire--not a fan of. Just-a-guy imo. Can probably get him as a UDFA

I actually think LB is a pretty big need and priority. I almost stayed at 30 and took Drew Sanders. But Howie history says not to do that. But I think Campbell Will be a stud MLB for next decade. Matchup with Campbell and Dean could be huge, IMO.

Nice read and some good thought there. 

I love the trades, I'd do them in a minute. I'd make some changesd, but your picks would leave me happy at the end of the draft. 

• 1  17 Breese - love the pick 
  • 2 38 Campbell - he'd be great but I would prefer another LB here - Drew Sanders. 
  • 2 49 Andudike-Uzomah - I'm not high on n Edge/DE here, let's get Battle before someone else does. 
  • 2 62 If Battle is there in your scenario, BINGO, good pick. In my scenario it's RB Zach Charbonnet
  • 3 100 I don't know much about Steen. Rated a 1 or 2 buy Walters, 103 by profootballnetwork, and 192 (6th) by drafttek. I think you got it right in the middle. 
  • 4 107 Tillman. Very doubtful he'll be there.  He's got a consistent rating of 2nd or 3rd. If he's there, grab him. 
  • 4 135 Vorhees. Love the pick Without the injury I'd have taken him in the second. Maybe it's a pick too early, but I'd rather not lose him
  • 5 184 Barringer. I'd probably wait for a punter. Turk would be a good pick too although I don't know which I prefer. 
  • 7 219 Tucker. We lost 1 wideout. You drafted 2. Granted, it's the 7th and he could battle Allen and Covey for a roster spot. 
  • 7 248 Orji. Ok, got it. If he can push either Johnson, Elliss, or Taylor off the roster it's a good pick 

Thanks for the read. 

Hey Rob. Thanks for your thoughts.

Thought Sanders would be gone at 38. I have him just slightly above Campbell, and thought about getting him at 30 with no trade, but decided extra pick a better option.

Also thought about Battle at 49 and DE at 62. Was thinking about the Army DE at 62, but just decided to hope Battle made it thru.

Not taking RB this draft. With addition of Penny, not needed. But--without Penny, Charbonnet was my top choice.

Drafted Tucker more as an insurance policy. Do not think he would make 53 w/o injury, but would be PS guy, and replace Quez in 2024.

ER