Eagles Mock Draft (04-01-2023)

Ray75

Just some random thoughts about the draft;

- not a fan of this draft class;

- hardly any elite prospects;

- 2024 is probably a better year to have more picks anyway;

- Howie has done an excellent job plugging holes in FA;

- I believe Howie would love to trade out of the 10th spot but unless one of the top QB’s is still available or a team is in dire need of an OT, it’ll be hard to find a dance partner;

- Ideally I believe the Eagles want to trade down and target a pass rusher like Nolan Smith or Lukas van Ness somewhere in the late teens.

FA;

Ryan Neal, S, Seattle Seahawks 

Draft;

1) Nolan Smith, Edge, Georgia;

1) Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State;;

Trade Alert!

Eagles trade pick #62 to the New Orleans Saints for pick #71 and #115.

3) Eli Ricks, CB, Alabama;

3) Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan State;

4) Deuce Vaughn, RB, Kansas State;

7) Ventrell Miller, LB, Florida;

7) Broderick Martin, DT, Western Kentucky

I could definitely see it playing out like this. Eli ricks in the third feels like an eagles pick too and they met with him I believe. 

• Thanks 1

i was high on murphy at the start of the offseason but for some reason now i just can’t seem to like him.. 

definitely can see the eagles going Dline oline in the first though even if there is a part of me that would really like to see them thrown everyone off and go rb and wr in the first.

glad Deuce moved up the board i’ve seen him in that forth round range a lot of places here is a video i was able to find of him and others from Kansas pro day

• Like 1

Thanks Ray. Personally, I'd have a linebacker much earlier. Sanders at 30 or Campbell at 63. 

I think you've had Vaughn on your board before - I think there's a Vaughn in every draft and so long as we have Scott he'd be a spare tire. I'd go elsewhere with this pick. 

Truth be told, I'd be a bit disappointed with this draft. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 10:42 PM, Rob331 said:

Thanks Ray. Personally, I'd have a linebacker much earlier. Sanders at 30 or Campbell at 63. 

I think you've had Vaughn on your board before - I think there's a Vaughn in every draft and so long as we have Scott he'd be a spare tire. I'd go elsewhere with this pick. 

Truth be told, I'd be a bit disappointed with this draft. 

This, my friend, is just another scenario. We had multiple discussions in the past. From my point of view it’s never personal or that I disagree with you. I just throw a bunch of scenarios at you, some things stick, others you disagree with but please keep in mind in most cases they’re not about what I want them to do.

So this one is not about you and me, our preference, it’s about position and team tendencies. Completely agree we should somewhat prioritize LB, CB, S, RB etc but we both know that’s simply not what they do…

The last couple of years they pleasantly surprised me but I had to deal with letdowns for years. I’ve been doing this for a long, long time now and it helps to ease the pain if I prepare myself for a somewhat disappointment. So take my mocks with a grain of salt. Mostly they’re not about what I want them to do but what I can see them doing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1