Post free agency mock

ibleedgreen1990

Think we are done for the most part with our signings. Might sign a depth guy or two but likely nobody else of impact.

We have far less needs now after howie went HAM in free agency but we still have a few. Most of our needs I think howie will address through the draft other than linebacker. I think we will make a trade there either during or after the draft.

1- Nolan smith edge

freak athletic pass rusher that will be our parsons. He will work in with all of our guys and bulk up slightly to do better with snaps at de. Building block for our defense.

1- calijah kancey dt

Another freak athlete. Could be a little late for him but teams could be worried about his size. 

2 Cody mauch t/g

howie will do howie things and invest in the trenches. Lane is 32 and has been fighting injuries more. Mauch is the future at rt.

3 Sydney brown safety

Very underrated due to his teammates in the secondary but this guy is a beast himself. Comes in and competes with edmunds and reed.

4 deuce vaughn rb

we are mostly set at rb for the short term but take a shot on a flier than could have a high ceiling. We can’t keep Boston Scott forever unfortunately.. his floor is Scott’s role of special teams and rotational scat back with upside.

7 Bryce Ford-wheaton wr 

another freak athlete. Ran a sub 4.4 40 and is 6 foot 4. He will compete with quez for slot duties and will be our player to wear number 0.

7 Michael turk p 

we need a punter and we take one here. 

Like I said above after or during the draft howie pulls off a trade with the ravens. The ravens just sent a second and fifth to the bears for roquon smith. They will more than likely hold onto him over Patrick queen who has underperformed to this point being a former first round pick. We send our third round pick next year for queen.

my/howie thinking here is that we stand to get a third back already for losing hargrave as a conditional pick. Queen is on the last year of his rookie deal and would be a free agent next offseason. If he performs, we extend him. This would give us 2 linebackers with extended contracts (reddick and queen) and 2 on rookie deals for at least 3 more years (dean and nolan smith). If he doesn’t earn a new contract he could still play well enough in this defense to net another comp pick the following year, though it would be later than a 3 for sure it’s still a built in safety net.

Patrick queen for a 3rd in 2024

• Like 1

Thanks for this. 

I like your thinking and would be very happy with these picks EXCEPT for Vaughn. I juwst don't like midget running backs. If it has to be a running back, how about Tucker from Syracuse. 

• Smith is a stud - four star pick
  • I'm concerned with Kancey's size and would prefer Bresee. I'd also consider a trade down for an extra pick (? NE for 46 and 76) and draft Dexter at 46.
  • Mauch. Nice pick - no longer worries about Jurgens at G. Mauch starts day 1. 
  • We need a safety who can start in 2024 - Brown looks promising. Being a Penn State fan i'd be looking at the other Brown here. 
  • Already discussed Vaughn. There'll be another few just like him every year. We have Boston now so in my opinion he would be spare baggage 
  • Ford-Wheaton. A new name. Walters calls him a 5th, draftek say he's prospect # 347, making him a potential undrafted free agent, and profootballnetwork has him ar # 161, a 5th round pick. If he's there I'd take a flyer - nice find. 
  • Turk - fantastic!!

Thanks for the read. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

Thanks for this. 

I like your thinking and would be very happy with these picks EXCEPT for Vaughn. I juwst don't like midget running backs. If it has to be a running back, how about Tucker from Syracuse. 

• Smith is a stud - four star pick
  • I'm concerned with Kancey's size and would prefer Bresee. I'd also consider a trade down for an extra pick (? NE for 46 and 76) and draft Dexter at 46.
  • Mauch. Nice pick - no longer worries about Jurgens at G. Mauch starts day 1. 
  • We need a safety who can start in 2024 - Brown looks promising. Being a Penn State fan i'd be looking at the other Brown here. 
  • Already discussed Vaughn. There'll be another few just like him every year. We have Boston now so in my opinion he would be spare baggage 
  • Ford-Wheaton. A new name. Walters calls him a 5th, draftek say he's prospect # 347, making him a potential undrafted free agent, and profootballnetwork has him ar # 161, a 5th round pick. If he's there I'd take a flyer - nice find. 
  • Turk - fantastic!!

Thanks for the read. 

still hating on vaughn!! dude is a sproles like clone if he could be a returner and third down back what’s not to like? The eagles seem to have a thing for midget Rb’s who excel catching passes and making people miss. 

look at all this Rpo you can’t say that he wouldn’t be a fit in our offense 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2023 at 3:48 PM, Cheesteakitis said:

still hating on vaughn!! dude is a sproles like clone if he could be a returner and third down back what’s not to like? The eagles seem to have a thing for midget Rb’s who excel catching passes and making people miss. 

look at all this Rpo you can’t say that he wouldn’t be a fit in our offense 

My concern with Vaughn… there were A LOT of un touched runs in that highlight video… he’s quick, and he’s shifty, but even the best oline in the NFL can’t consistently keep him untouched.