Eagles Mock Post FA

EaglesAddict

As Howie typically does, he has somewhat adequately filled the holes in the roster in free agency so that he can go into the draft without worrying about having to force a pick at a certain position.  That said, we all know he will pick a lineman with the first pick. At the same time, we need some additional picks this year so I strongly believe Howie will trade back with one or both of their first round picks.  Small trade backs but also that can effectively add a few good additional picks.  Here's what I got...

10. Trade!  Houston is feeling all kinds of good this year and wants to build on their positive vibes.  With a plethora of picks, they decide to use one to move up 2 spots.  The deal: pick 10 for picks 12 and 73 (3rd round).

12. OT Broderick Jones - You can bet your ass OT will be looked at here and I think this pick comes down to 2 Georgia players...Jones and Nolan Smith.  I have them going Jones here. 

30. Trade! The Raiders are going to be motivated to improve as much as possible in Year 2 under McDaniels.  The deal: Eagles give up picks 30 and 248 for picks 38, 109 (4th rounder) and 141 (5th rounder).  

38.  Edge Isaiah Foskey - You know they'll be adding to the DL as well as the OL in this draft.

62. WR Marvin Mims - Underrated need.  Upgrade at slot receiver and has juice as a PR...upgrades 2 positions.

73.CB DJ Turner - Need a solid young CB prospect at some point.  I almost leaned away from them even drafting a DB because they stink at it.

94. DT Jaquelin Roy - Just like OL, the Eagles need depth at DT badly. 

109.   RB Tyjae Spears - Can't count on Penny staying healthy. 

141. OL Andrew Vorhees - Here's our injury-discount player.  Tore his ACL at the Combine, but the Eagles can afford to redshirt him this year before slotting in at RG in 2024.

219. Who the hell knows, lol.  Punter? Random LB for special teams?

Thanks for the read. I like the trades but not the players you took.

Don’t see an ot this year. Watched ND and wasn’t impressed by Foskey.

On a positive note, Vorhees will be a home run after a red shirt year

• Like 1

i’ve seen similar trades so i’m down with that though i have us getting a little more value in return it was slight… 6th rounder from the texans and the raiders trade instead of #109 it was their comp pick at the end of round 3 #100

not a huge of the players you took with the trades but i could live with the tackle 

#38 i’d lean more towards Will McDonald IV

Mims is a good pick…. i think the eagles could shock everyone and even draft a wr or rb high… i think we have learned that in todays NFL basically you need to score every time you have the ball and the best way to do that is have the most talent and weapons you can on offense. 

Roy is a player we have looked at and a decent pick Vorhees is a solid for the future pick but we haven’t added a safety or lber are we hoping for a trade or cut after the draft? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Thanks for the read. I like the trades but not the players you took.

Don’t see an ot this year. Watched ND and wasn’t impressed by Foskey.

On a positive note, Vorhees will be a home run after a red shirt year

I originally didn't see us taking an OT in the 1st either, but the more I think about it and see the players who will likely be available when it's our turn to pick, I am thinking OT is a strong possibility.  Jones is likely the only guy they will target with their first pick, though.  Maybe Paris Johnson.  Whether we agree or not, Howie will 100% be looking at the OTs and weighing them against the DL available. 

I think adding an OT in Round 2 or 3 would be better.  Either way, we are definitely adding to the OL in this draft on Day 1 or 2. We do need a good prospect to keep the OL machine running.

I am not 100% sold on Foskey either, but think he could be good in a rotational role. He has the raw traits the Eagles like.

Yeah I'd love to get Vorhees but we'd certainly need to pull of a trade that lands us in the middle rounds. 

16 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

i’ve seen similar trades so i’m down with that though i have us getting a little more value in return it was slight… 6th rounder from the texans and the raiders trade instead of #109 it was their comp pick at the end of round 3 #100

not a huge of the players you took with the trades but i could live with the tackle 

#38 i’d lean more towards Will McDonald IV

Mims is a good pick…. i think the eagles could shock everyone and even draft a wr or rb high… i think we have learned that in todays NFL basically you need to score every time you have the ball and the best way to do that is have the most talent and weapons you can on offense. 

Roy is a player we have looked at and a decent pick Vorhees is a solid for the future pick but we haven’t added a safety or lber are we hoping for a trade or cut after the draft? 

I actually did debate McDonald at 38.  I just can't get past the fact he'll be 24 when the season starts...that's one thing I just don't like...old rookies.  And there are a bunch of them in this draft.  Keion White, another high rated Edge rusher is another older one (he's already 24).  I could live with McDonald there, though.  I just don't prefer older rooks.

Unless we take Bresee at pick 30, I think Roy is going to to be the DT we target.