2 Week to go mock

Rob331

Remember the disclaimer in the financial ads you see on tv - "Past resulats are not indicative of future results". Well I hope that applies to the Eagles in this draft. Sure Howie has avoided running backs, safeties, and linebackers in round 1 but those positions are some of our biggest needs. 

• We have to round out the roster and do quite a bit of upgrading. Let's look atr the needs  
    • DT - we start Davis and Cox but is anyone comfortable with a Williams/Tuipolotu/Street rotational group
    • LB - I'm ok with Nakobi, but the Bears signed TJ Edwards for fairly big money while we signed the Bears LB at a bargain basement price. Does that tell you something?
    • S - we have a UDFA coming off of a decent year, a 1st round pick the Steelers gave up on, a 2nd round pick who was out of the league for 2 years, and some "just a guys".
    • OL - we lost two and signed none
    • RB - I want to be confident in a Perry, Sermon, Gainwell, Scott room, but I'm not
    • WR3/4- We need to replace either Quez at the 3 or Pascal at the 4. But, remember we're talking about 4 or 5 targets a game. 
    • CB - After a healthy 2022 it's almost inevitable one of the corners will miss some itme this year. McPherson and Williams may be the answer, but an upgrade is in order. 
    • P - any questions here

• Round 1 pick 10 - If Jalen Carter is there, he's an Eagles.. Plan B - trade down. New England (14 and 76) Green Bay (15, 77, 149) each make sense. Calll it Green Bay. Let's assume plan B. My first instinct is to parlay it into more picks, but I just can't find a team with needs and picks this year that work on the trade value chart. So the pick at 15. Bijan Robinson RB Texas is a difference maker. You heard Nick say he has to keep evolving the offense, you heard Lurie say offense wins champiopnships, you read Rooob's article saying by year 3 the league knows new coaches, and finally if you or I  could have taken Zeke or Saquon at 15 in those drafts we all ywould have done it. . 
  • Round 1 pick 30. There's a team out there who wants that 5th year for a developmental quarterback like Hendon Hooker. Howie pulls the trigger with the Raiders and gets picks 38 and 100. At pick 38 it's the #1 rated linebacker - Drew Sanders LB Arkanses, Big 6'4" 250 and fast at 4.53, he and Nakobi will be every bit as effestive as Edwardsa and White. 
  • Round 2 pick 60 - We just can' tlive with the current safety room so it's Antonio Johnson S Texas A&M. Tall at 6'2 and quick at 4.52 he starts alongside Blankenship before the year it out. 
  • Round 3 pick 77 - Keanu Benton DT Wisconsin. He's ranked from the 2nd round by Draftek, 2 to 3 by Walters, the 101st player by CBS, a 4th by NFLDraftbuzz, and a 3rd round pick by profootballnetwork. I took the average here. H'e 6'3 310 which is about FGletch's size and he's fast at 5.1.
  • Round 3 pick 94 - Joe Tippmann C/G Wisconsin. Can't go wrong with Wisconsin offensive linemen and he's a twofer able to play center and guard. He'll battle Jurgens for the RG slot this year. He's 6'5 320 making him a bookend with Dickerson. 
  • Round 3 pick 100 - Howie still wnats picks and has his eye on some mid-roung guys so he flips this one to Carolina for 114 (4th) and 145 (5th) 
  • Round 4 pick 114 - Riley Moss CB Iowa. A sleeper without much press he's 6'1 and runs a 4,45. 
  • Round 5 pick 145 - Jackson Kirkland OT Washington. At 6'7 je fits right into Stoudt's tackle profile. 
  • Round 5 pick 149 - Bryce Ford-Wheaton West Virginia. My draft sleeper. at pick 149 he looks like a rteach, but at 6'3" 224 4.38 the H-W-S credentials are worth a shot. 
  • Round 7 pick 219 - Let's not wait 30 pick for the guy we want. Brad Robbins P Michigan. There are no punters rated in the top 259 players but there more than just the Eagles who want one. Take him now. Some haave Turk higher but let's go eiththe guy who has punted in the cold
  • Round 7 pick 248 - Stetson Bennett QB Georgia. We'll need a practice squad quarterback and he's a winner who might even puch Book off of the regular roster. . 

• Like 1

Although I like the prospects you have them taking, I just can’t see Howie taking a RB and LB with his first two picks. I just can’t…

• Like 1

Great read Rob.  Well thought out and loved your picks.  Unfortunately, drafts never pan out the way we want. Hopefully one or two of your picks become Eagles.

• Like 2

Good one Roob, definitly thought out right down to the P and why.. i prefer Campbell at LB and i still think Howie is going to bring in a S or LB

I like it. If the Birds ae taking Robinson it  will be with that scenerio.. a trade back about 4-7 spots. So funny, last year I wanted the PSU punter over the kid

from Arizona for same reason..used to the weather.

Hey Rob. Still can't see Howie getting RB in 1st round. But---other than that---Awesome!! All over the LB as second pick, either at 30 or a slight trade down. Second and third round picks are home runs. I would take Bariger, the punter from Mich st., but just splitting hairs there. Nice read, and great job

ER

12 hours ago, Eaglerick55 said:

Hey Rob. Still can't see Howie getting RB in 1st round. But---other than that---Awesome!! All over the LB as second pick, either at 30 or a slight trade down. Second and third round picks are home runs. I would take Bariger, the punter from Mich st., but just splitting hairs there. Nice read, and great job

ER

On 4/13/2023 at 3:33 PM, Rob331 said:

Remember the disclaimer in the financial ads you see on tv - "Past resulats are not indicative of future results".

I hope beyond hope that htis applies this year.

Thanks pal.