My first 2023 mock

ManchesterEagle

Trade! Eagles send 10 and their (not the Saints) Second round pick in 2024 to the Raiders for Pick 7 and Pick 152.

Pick 7 - Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia. Carter may go in the top 5 and he may not even be on the Eagles board depending on how the visit went. But the official visit, the Jordan Davis factor and the Eagles love for the lines mean they take the risk and go for possibly the best player in the draft. If the Eagles like Carter and he makes it past the top 5/6 picks, I think Howie doesn't wait. He tries to make a move and the Raiders are willing partners.

Pick 30 - Brian Branch, S, Alabama. Trading down for more picks is a popular play for a lot of people, but how many 4th or 5th rounders actually turn into productive starters? Safety is a big position of need and Branch is a playmaker and leader.

Pick 62 - Cody Mauch, OL - North Dakota - Don't be surprised if the Eagles go OL in the first. I think both Johnson and Skoronski are in play. If not Mauch would be a steal here. Could immediately start at guard whilst providing needed tackle depth and can hopefully learn from Lane to take over when Lane wants to retire.

Pick 94 - Garrett Williams CB - Syracuse - Williams is coming off an ACL injury and won't be ready and needs some work, but he has impact starter upside and the Eagles can have him learn behind Slay and Bradberry.

Trade! Eagles send their 5th round pick next year and 152  (Knowing they are getting plenty of Comp picks) to the Chargers for pick 125

Pick 125 - Jayden Reed - WR - Should apply early pressure to Quez and give us another weapon and depth.

Pick 219 - Tank Bigsby RB, Auburn

Pick 248 - Thomas Incoom, Edge, Michigan

• Like 2

Perfect mock!

Only one flaw! Lions picking at #6 not #7. Don’t know if they’d accept a 2nd next year. Future picks are not as valuable as this years picks… I think it’ll cost more to trade up from 10 to 6.

24 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Perfect mock!

Only one flaw! Lions picking at #6 not #7. Don’t know if they’d accept a 2nd next year. Future picks are not as valuable as this years picks…

yeah maybe if you add a 3rd next year also it gets the deal done… we should have 2 of those also our own and a comp(hargrave)…. could also offer 10,30 for 6 and one of their seconds and probably make a deal but then you’re gonna have to look at trading back up at some point in the current mock.

12 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

yeah maybe if you add a 3rd next year also it gets the deal done… we should have 2 of those also our own and a comp(hargrave)…. could also offer 10,30 for 6 and one of their seconds and probably make a deal but then you’re gonna have to look at trading back up at some point in the current mock.

Eagles have two 2nd and likely two 3rd picks next year. A 2nd and 3rd next year might get the job done.

If you’re 100 % comfortable with the off the field stuff and his character, that trade would be a no brainer.

Welcome back Manchestereagle - glad to see you back on the board. 

You had me through Mauch  - those first 3 picks are spot on and you filled their greatest needs.

From there I'm not excited although I do think Incoom will be a contributor. 

I'd prefer Mingo or Ford-Wheaton to Reed and I'd even consider Moreno-Cropper in a later round. 

i have strong soubts that Bigsby will be ther ein the 7th but if he's ther eit would be a great pick.

Thanks pal, glad to see you back in the saddle. 

21 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Perfect mock!

Only one flaw! Lions picking at #6 not #7. Don’t know if they’d accept a 2nd next year. Future picks are not as valuable as this years picks… I think it’ll cost more to trade up from 10 to 6.

Thanks Ray! My mistake, I’ve changed it to the Raiders at 7. I agree - a second next year doesn’t get you from 10 to 6.

19 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Welcome back Manchestereagle - glad to see you back on the board. 

You had me through Mauch  - those first 3 picks are spot on and you filled their greatest needs.

From there I'm not excited although I do think Incoom will be a contributor. 

I'd prefer Mingo or Ford-Wheaton to Reed and I'd even consider Moreno-Cropper in a later round. 

i have strong soubts that Bigsby will be ther ein the 7th but if he's ther eit would be a great pick.

Thanks pal, glad to see you back in the saddle. 

Thanks Rob, I’ve been around but not in this section yet!

Feedback appreciated. The first and second round picks are the key, so glad you like those! I’ll take a look at some of your suggestions for my second draft.